English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Backend Acess Problem
Re: Backend Acess Problem 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
1) This clarify the way you have setup your cPanel.
Just to check the cPanel config, you can put test file in the expected directory of each domain with different file name - ie put test.txt into the master, slave1.txt in slave1, slave2.txt in slave2 domain, .... so that when you put these name for each domain, you can check if you access the appropriate txt file.

I just assume that they are correctly configured but I have a doubt based on ponit 2 and 3.

2) If you have created specific 'non shared" slave site, you can not have the sessions and users MySQL table shared. So that you should not be disconnected from the other domain.
So your description fail and you should review the config and the way that the DB is currently setup. Use JMS Tools to see if the tables are a link or a physical table.

3) I suspect that you are not connected on the appropriate DB and table prefix due to the fact that you say that you don't share but when you create a user, it is present in the other website.
Perhaps you have not defined the domain name correctly and that you are connected on the master instead be connected on the slave.
Also review that you have enter domain with www and without www.

When you share the Hot Property, this also share the users.
Review the definition of the "Hot Property" sharing and you will see that the sessions and users are also shared.
If this is the case, this mean that the users are shared in contrary of what you mentioned in case 2 and 3.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Backend Acess Problem 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

Thanks again. Please find the follow-up to your explanations (your explanations are marked in red)

1) This clarify the way you have setup your cPanel.

I have different templates on the master and slave sites and the module structures are very different on each site, the websites are presented as they are to, I am sure I am connecting to the right databases.

2) If you have created specific 'non shared" slave site

I checked using JMS Tools (which is indeed a cool set of tools), and the core, user and session tables are shared.

3) I suspect that you are not connected on the appropriate DB

I understand this, I had faced this problem earlier when I created the slave sites without the www in the website address, then I was always connecting to the master website database. I would change the template in the slave, but it would change the template on the master, I got the solution to this problem in the forum and started using www.address.com and it started working fine.

4) When you share the Hot Property, this also share the users.

Yes I checked in the Multisite tools, the user tables are shared.

To also test the session problem I used to get earlier when I shared the users table, I created a new domain www.dakshkarma.com , I copied the template to a new one and shared the users table and the hot properties table.

There after I created a new slave site using this template.

Previously when I would do this then on the frontend the homepage would not login and just refresh, same with the backend.

But today the refresh happened ones in the frontend and ones in the backend, and there after IT STARTED WORKING FINE.

I am not exactly sure why this happened, I THINK that when I was trying multiple things to fix the problem, I did not have the patch on the application.php appied and thought the sharing of the users table created the problem.

As I said before, I say once again "Great Component".

Thanks, Best Wishes,
Santosh
santoshr25
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/08/13 08:38 By santoshr25.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla