English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

internal server error --solved--
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: internal server error --solved--
Re:DNS setup 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
When you put your mouse over the Site ID you have the directory path that showed: home/masterdomain.com/public_html/joomla
This is NOT what I have told you.
You have to put the mouse over the DOMAIN "{site_url}/multisites/{site_id}" to see it resolved.

Concenring the other point DNS and so on, I have already tried to explain to you.
If you want that we setup your environment, order our billable support at
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1

Review our tutorial video 0 and listen carefully all our comment that explain the concept.
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-0

I repeat that you can NOT use redirection because this modify the URL
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/12/10 14:01 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

just another RE on the subject 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
When you put your mouse over the Site ID you have the directory path that showed: home/masterdomain.com/public_html/joomla
This is NOT what I have told you.
You have to put the mouse over the DOMAIN "{site_url}/multisites/{site_id}" to see it resolved.

ok ok.... i think i drive you crazy, i am just trying to find it al out by trial and error, not trying to keep you busy, thanks for your patience and support!

My lack of knowledge is preventing me from asking the question so specific that it would be easy for you to give a specific answer, or your suggestion is so specific that my lack of knowledge prevents me from understanding it. But i will figure it all out sooner or later i am determined to!

the resolved url works for one of my slaves, the other slaves return a 403forbidden on their resolved urls, so i guess thats a question of permissions, ill figure that out.

so.... lets take the resolved url from the one slave that works: {site_url}/multisites/{site_id}

shows www.masterdomain.com/multisites/slave1

that works. Now we want someone entering www.slave1.com in their browser and that it acceses www.masterdomain.com/multisites/slave1 and up untill now it does not

My joomla installation resides in a subdir of the root called "joomla". www.slave.com leads by default to the root of the master. so i mapped (using a hosting manager) slave.com to the /joomlasubdir

I am not sure anymore if this is a redirect..... it is done in the hosting manager, but there is no index.html file in the root that forwards to the /joomla dir. there is however a .htacces file in the root of my domain with rules in these rules i see:

#RULE:,slave1.com,/joomla

which points the slave to the right folder.

I dont know if this has the status of a redirect (which i should not use) or not, but if i do not use this rule how on earth could www.slave.com get any further than my root.

www.slave.com actually resolves in domain.com/joomla/multisites/slave1 so it seems to work...

Of course i understand that you give support on JMS related issues and are not tutoring people server knowledge, but still: is the rule in the .htacces file something that you would call a redirect and i should not use??

Consider my masterdomain: by default the .htacces will have the rule: #RULE:,master.com,/public_html

if these rules defined in the .htaccess file are the right way to mapping, the rule should be something like: #RULE:,slave_url/multisites/slave_id or slave_url/joomla/multisites/slave_id
and this would also prevent the browser from showing/joomla in the adress?

thnx again, keep up the good work
boomhut
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/12/10 15:45 By boomhut.

Re:just another RE on the subject 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning 403 forbidden, perhaps that you have not defined correct path or have incosistency between deployed directory and the one that you put in your browser or effectivement a problem of permission to execute the files.

Concerning the setup of you hosting server, it you have created a domain normally you have specified a directory where must be store the domain or some hosting tool could create automatically a directory for your located somewhere. In this case, you have to deploy the JMS slave site in this directory.

Concerning the .htaccess, this is NOT correct as joomla itself provide a .htaccess.
Normally this is not the hosting administration tool that create and manage the content of this .htaccess file.

Joomla and JMS works without the .htaccess. So you can rename it in old to disable it.
I don't know the reason of that.
edwin2win
graph

Re:internal server error --solved-- 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I found out how to proceed i guess:

since my joomla, jms and the slavesites are installed in a sub dir of the root i just need to create symbolic links in the root.

That way all domain names naturally mapped to the root will just function and i don't need any redirect (.htaccess) anymore pointing the domain to a certain folder.

Still i am doing something wrong:

when i changed/updated one of my slaves by: first removing the .htacces (removing redirects ive made) file and then adding symbolic links to the deployment folder in the root trough the slave site set up menu, it worked!

But repeating the procedure for the next 4 sites resulted in a bunch of errors......

and then none of the slaves where accesible anymore...

My question: is there a possibility that choosing for the symbolic link option only work at slave creation and that choosing for that option later as an update for an existing slave might have caused these errors??

thnx
boomhut
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:internal server error --solved-- 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
You can effectivelly create symbolic link using the JMS alias field.
This avoid to try using the .htaccess rules to perform a redirection.
Create correct rule in .htaccess is not necessary easy to perform the redirection you expect.
I thnik the symbolic link is easier and this is the reason why we have provided this functionality in JMS (alias fileld).
edwin2win
graph

problems again 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there,

in short:

Joomla is installed in a subdir of the root

(so after my slaves are complete and functional, i can lock/hide the master dir for safety)

i created fresh slave site with the masterdomain root folder as deployment folder

all my domain names are DNS mapped to this root folder

when i create a second fresh slave site the url points to the first slave site, so i cant acces the second slave, in the jms site manager, so it seems i can not use the same deployment folder for different slave sites...

its driving me nuts, i have a simple set up and it should work: i have different domainnames that are DNS mapped to the same directory

Joomla is installed in a subdir of that root dir, all i want is that the slave sites work and are accesible without a .htacces redirect in the root (/root_dir/joomla_dir/multisites-dir/slavesite_id)

sooo i uninstall the slave sites to try it all over again, somehow the uninstal wiped away my whole joomla installation.....

So now i can start over with a totally new install of everything....

i could hire you guys for a 75€ support, but i expect the multisite manager to be user friendly enough for me to understand. I think the functionallity of JMS is genius but the management side of it could use some more user friendly approach.
boomhut
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/12/14 21:57 By boomhut.

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla