English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Error w Patches After Install YooTheme WARP Plugin
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Error w Patches After Install YooTheme WARP Plugin
Re:Error w Patches After Install YooTheme WARP Plugin 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Is the patch plugin only supposed to be enabled on slave sites?
bonfiresalomon
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Error w Patches After Install YooTheme WARP Plugin 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Also, I cannot change the slave site's style from the slave site. The slave site's template seems to be 'looking to' the master site's database for the slave site's style.

Is this not what the patch is supposed to fix?

How do I set template style parameters from the slave site's admin panel?
bonfiresalomon
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Error w Patches After Install YooTheme WARP Plugin 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
The patch plugin is only required in the master website and used to install additional patches in the "/templates" folder.
You don't have install the plugin in the slave site as it is not possible to install patches from a slave site. JMS disable the "install" button when it is used from a slave site.
edwin2win
graph

!) I've installed the plgMultisitesPatchesYoothemesWARP5_6_V1.1.11 patch/plugin. 2)I enable the plugin 3)JMS then prompts me to install patches ('Some patches are not installed....') 3) I click 'Install' 4) Site crashes 'Unable to connect to database' + many patch errors

This bug definitely revolves around ZOO. The patch algorithm does not F$*& everything up and installs smoothly when ZOO is not installed. ...unfortunately I need ZOO.

Code:

administrator/components/com_zoo/framework/helpers/path.php
Not OK
Zoo does not contain the fix to work with the Joomla JPATH_ROOT directory
Actions:
Replace 1 line by 5 lines that fix the URL path computation when the template directory is a link.

What is the issue with this patch/plugin? What do I need to modify ZOO manually?

(FYI, the plugin is only installed and enabled on the master site)
bonfiresalomon
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/06/21 20:55 By bonfiresalomon.

Re:Error w Patches After Install YooTheme WARP Plugin 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Send me the package of Zoo in the attachement of a email.
I will have a look if the code in the referenced source is modified and would explain that the patch can not be installed.

The latest review that I did for zoo is the version 2.5_19_j25
Also joint the "path.php" source in which you report that the patch can not be installed.
edwin2win
graph

Hello,

*update* Using the following components:

Joomla 2.5.6
Widgetkit 1.1.1 (June 28th)
ZOO 2.5.20 (www.yootheme.com/zoo/downloads/[free version])
JMS 2.92
Warp Patches 1.2.86

I've created a fresh Joomla installation. I then installed the above extensions in every combination possible to see if I could successfully patch ZOO (using a fresh Joomla installation every time). Every combination of patching/installing failed.

Based on this, I'm assuming there is some variable that is failing within the patch. Could there be a difference in code base between the free version and full version of ZOO that is creating the failure?

Anecdotally, I'm surprised you all haven't been able to recreate the same fail. Thoughts on this? Let me know if I can provide any additional information. I can provide the ZOO extension, but I'm assuming you'd rather just download it from YooTheme, no?

Thanks for looking into this.

Kind Regards,
bonfiresalomon
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla