English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Help With First Use
Re:Help With First Use 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
This is impossible that you have every patches installed as OK and that you mentionned that the path does not exists.
So cross-check again. The path that you mentioned that does not exists in normally in the list of patches. So if this is OK, the patch is present.
Verify again.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Help With First Use 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Please check the screenshot attached. As you can see, all patches are installed and showing a green OK. This has always been the case ever since the very first installation of multisites, but I still continue to get blank pages on slave sites and the subfolder created for the slave site still only contains the two files I mentioned in my last post.

This is the entire contents of my multisites folder on the actual server:

Note that XAMPP is the system that is running Apache on Windows, so its htdocs forms the root of the Joomla installation.
Apache on Windows runs under the SYSTEM account, which has total authorisations to read and write to the xampp folder and anything in it.
Rocket
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/01/13 10:42 By Rocket.

Small update. I was finding that another plugin from a different developer also wasn't working properly.

After days of trawling through code and investigating the system, I eventually found that my Joomla was missing an ioncube extension that the developer's plugin partly required.

Their plugin is now working flawlessly, and whilst multisites continues to fail and only produce a white screen even if I turn error reporting on, I'm wondering if something similar might be the case here? Does multisites run with a completely fresh, unpatched and unmodded copy of Joomla 1.5, or is there some tiny plugin or extension I might be missing?
Rocket
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

JMS does not require any plugin and is not encrypted.
In previous post you mentioned error on /include/multisites.php file that is not present but here you show in the patch that the file is present.
It seems that you might have a permission error somewhere.

For your information, we are developping under windows and it is working perfectly on windows.

If you want that we have a look on your server, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

In previous post you mentioned error on /include/multisites.php file that is not present but here you show in the patch that the file is present.

Incorrect. The post in question makes reference to the two following files:

Code:

'C:\xampp\htdocsC:\xampp\htdocs\administrator\components\com_multisites\classes\lettertree.php'

'C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\components\com_multisitesaffiliate\multisites_userexit.php'

The former doesn't exist because the path is mangled in Joomla so it can't be found, whilst the latter also appears managled in the 'com_multisitesaffiliate' section (it appears to want a subfolder of com_multisites called affliliate, but that doesn't exist.

It seems that you might have a permission error somewhere.

Possible, but I don't see what. All the permission settings on this test server have been opened up fully, and all other plugins - and Joomla itself - continue to work perfectly; it's only multisites that constantly fails.
I assume you are talking about jsut Windows permissions settings, or Windows and/or Apache?

If you want that we have a look on your server, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1

Thanks. I'll continue to look at this and see if it can be fixed. If not, I'll take a look at your support options.
Rocket
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The file "C:\xampp\htdocsC:\xampp\htdocs\administrator\components\com_multisites\classes\lettertree.php" should exists.
If it does not exists, this is because you are using a old version of JMS Multisites and you have to update with the latests one.

It is normal that the files "C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\components\com_multisitesaffiliate\multisites_userexit.php" and this should not produce any error when the file is not present.

Try investigate on Windows Security and not only on Windows file permission.
You should have an error message somewhere.
If not, try to add debugging traces inside the Joomla code to try identify where it fails.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla