English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Help With First Use
Re:Help With First Use 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
The file "C:\xampp\htdocsC:\xampp\htdocs\administrator\components\com_multisites\classes\lettertree.php" should exists.
If it does not exists, this is because you are using a old version of JMS Multisites and you have to update with the latests one.

Is the start of that path not mangled, though? It reads 'C:\xampp\htdocs', then starts 'C:' again. You see what I mean? It appears as though it places the root path (C:\xampp\htdocs) down, then tries to write the whole path - including the root - after it. You can't call the C: twice in the same path, so this is clearly a problem.

If I unmangle that path and search my C:\xampp\htdocs\administrator\components\com_multisites\classes\ fodler I do have lettertree.php; it's just multisites isn't finding it because of the malformed path.

I would normally assume this is a problem with the way I'm setting up the slave site, but I've follow your tutorial to the letter, stating the path as {site_url}/multisites/{side_id}.

Unfortunately, Windows throws no errors for me where permissions are concerned (the event viewer logs are clean), so I'm wondering if it's an Apache, rather than Windows, permissions problem.
Rocket
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Help With First Use 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
I don't understand why only you would have it malformed.
The path is compute by Joomla and use its JPATH_BASE directory.
So the C:\.... is defined like that by Joomla.

I have just do a copy/past in the the reply of this post using what you written.

The path is not related to a slave site but part of the JMS Multisites patches and you didn't have yet mentioned the version of JMS Multisites that you are using.
You must have a JMS Multisites version >= 1.2.29
edwin2win
graph

Re:Help With First Use 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Multisites is 1.2.45

As you see from my previous screenshot, I get green OKs on all the patches, and all the files do seem to be there; my slave sites just always show blank pages, even with all error reporting turned on (either in Joomla back-end, or directly on the configuration.php or even with error logging on in the Apache server).
Rocket
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Help With First Use 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If you don't have any error log files that tells you where you have an error then the only solution is to add debug traces in Joomla to dichotomically identify the place where Joomla fails.

If you want that we do that for you, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla