English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Help setting up
Re:Help setting up 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Okay, I attempted to put together a template in order to create a copy of my master site, yet every time I created a new site with that template, it would tell me that deploy dir did not exist, yet I even went in and created it. I even tried creating a subdomain and assigning that to the template, with the same result.

I DO have success simply installing a new slave site, but then I have to fully configure everything from scratch and I would prefer not to do that.

When creating the template - should i put the information in for the master DB? Should I assign and create a new DB? I have "force creation of dir if does not exist" checked, but it doesnt seem to do it.

Ive gone over and over the tutorial video that deals with this, and its a bit frustrating that I can't get this step to work
d8tabyte
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Help setting up 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
First JMS Does not store anything in the DB.
All its configuration are stored in file on the disk.

To replicate the master site, see the tutorial video 0.d that show this case.
Create a JMS Template
template id = replicMaster
Domain = {site_url}/multisites/{site_id}
Deploy dir = {site_dir}
Select the template site = <master DB>
Set a new table prefix = {site_id}_

Once you have this "replicMaster" template, you can use it to create a slave
ie. Create a slave "slave1" using the "replicMaster" jms template rule.

Once you are able to create a replication of the master in a subdirectory of your master, you could start modifying the paramter to try deploy into another directory and for another domain (ie. subdomain or domain).

I hope this will help you.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Help setting up 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Okay, that all worked perfectly. I am now able to deploy a replica of the master site.

With each slave site, I would like a specific logo on each, the ability to have unique content and the ability to adjust modules with out affecting the master.

In the tutorial for specifying images and template directories, it shows creating a slave site from master, and then creating a template from that slave site to be used to deploy additional slave sites with specific images/media/template directories.

Is there a way to define this from the replicmaster template that I have and eliminate the step of templating a slave site off of another slave site?

======================

Just a thought - In order to get this structure:

Master - all content ( all sections and categories)
- slave 1 - selective (section 1 - categories for section 1)
- slave 2 - selective (section 2 - categories for section 2)
- slave 3 - selective (section 2 - categories for section 2)

Would it be possible, if I just set up the categories and sections on my master site, then on each slave site, set up individual menu items to direct them as section blogs, pulling from the content created on the master site? this would effectively eliminate the need to create content on the slave sites, and instead feed each slave site from the master (each showing different sections)
d8tabyte
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/01/08 17:53 By d8tabyte.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla