English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Pre-Sales ? - Possible payment for feature
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Pre-Sales ? - Possible payment for feature
Pre-Sales ? - Possible payment for feature 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
This component looks fantastic! I have only one question:

Is it possible to replicate the master site, but have a different banner for each site at the top that I specify. More to the point, would you or anyone be interested in adding an option to upload and define a banner for the new site as you create it. In my situation, I will be replicating many, many sites, but the ONLY thing I need to be different for each site is the banner.

What is the easiest way to go about this? I knwo you can specify an "images" folder, but I'm not sure if this is what I need?

Thanks.
jsmith
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Pre-Sales ? - Possible payment for feature 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
I think you can already have specific banner in each website.
All depend on how you want to acheive this objective.
Which kind of banner do you want to use and customize ?

There are many possibilities:
- You replicate the website and you use the standard joomla banner component. As the data are saved in the DB, you can change its content once the website is replicated.
- You replicate the website and you use a custom module in which you put your banner html code. As the custom module save the banner in the DB, it will be specific to each website.
- You replicate the website and use a specific new kind of custom module that allow the execution of PHP code instead of using HTML as the existing custom module is proposed. This approch has already been used by customers to compute a banner with "dealer" name, address, ... depending on the site ID.

We propose also billable support that you can order at /download?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=35&category_id=1
We can also develop specific extension when requested.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/06/02 08:17 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla