English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Same template but different images folder...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Same template but different images folder...
Same template but different images folder... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi everybody,
I'm trying to customise my multi sites in order to have (if it's possible) the same template ( index.php) but with different images folder. It may be possible? any suggestions?

thank's
cri
crisba
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Same template but different images folder... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
All depend on your environment.
If Symbolic Link allowed:
I suggest that you deploy the slave site into a specific directory and that you put in the image and media folder the default value.

Example:
site id = xxx
domain = {site_url}/multisites/{site_id}
Template = select one or the master
deploy directory = {site_dir}
media folder = images
image folder = images/stories

In this sample, this will create a slave site "slave1" that will be replicated using the template xxxx and will be deployed in the default JMS directory.
In addition, it will replicate the images directory for the slave site.

If your question mean the images present in the template then this the template that you have make specific.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/05/18 18:20 By edwin2win.

Re:Same template but different images folder... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
thank's for your example, maybe I didn't explain very well my problem:

i would like to have for the same template (the same for all slave sites) the same index.php but with different images for the images folder of the template:

example:

/slave1/templates/custom_template/images/x.jpg

/slave2/templates/custom_template/images/x.jpg

where x.jpg has the same name but it's a different image.

I've tried to set configuration in order to create the same template of the master but when I change images into "images folder of the template" nothing happens...slave site keep on usyng images from master folder.
crisba
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Same template but different images folder... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
In the sample you give me, it is clear that you have the templates directory different as you want to one of its sub-directory (called images) specific for each slave site.

You can not have "templates/custom_template" that is common (shared) between website and have one childre directory "images" that is specific.

Either you make all the "templates/custom_template" specific to each website or you modify the code of the "custom_template" to be able manage different "images" directory depending on the JMS site ID.

If you template had used the "../../images" directory it would have been possible to have the images specific as it the images directory is beside the template directory.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Same template but different images folder... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank's for your answer...in my mind I was trying to have a common index.php, as I told you, and different template images folder's, different for each slave site. with a common index.php I could do my changes only one time for all of my slave sites....just to avoid to copy and paste X-times my work.

I'll follow your suggestions;)
crisba
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Based on the directory structure that you have described, you have mentioned that images directory is a children of the template/custom template.
In that case, either you change the custom_template to access the Joomla images directory where you will put your specific stuf or you create as many specific custom_template as you have website.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla