English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Solved :- Require support for second slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Solved :- Require support for second slave site
Solved :- Require support for second slave site 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
hi admin,

I have a 1st slave site located at www.steuerbuero-liersch.de/ what im now trying to do is create a replicate site of the above with the url www.steuerbuero-liersch.de/test .

so i did tried creating a new site id test with dns mapped to to same folder as the 1st slave site and the new url as www.steuerbuero-liersch.de/test and get the 404 error for the second slave site ... you can check that ..

note :- i have symbolic links disabled so im sharing the same multisite folder for all site

please help me with ...its urgent

Thanks
mukeshraj41
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/05/20 08:25 By mukeshraj41.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Require support for second slave site 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
When Symbolic Link is not allowed, that depend on which platform you are working.

If this is a Windows platform with IIS, you can create a virtual directory that is assigned to the master website directory.

If this is Uniix platform, you can only use domain or sub-domain.

Normally, when Symbolic Link is forbidden, use JMS with sub-directory is not possible except on Windows Platform that allow create Vritual Directory.

When using apache, I think it is possible to configure apache with virtual directory when using the alias statement
See httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_alias.html
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/05/18 14:54 By edwin2win.

Re:Require support for second slave site 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
so you mean is i cannot have slave sites in the sub-directories of my slave site directory or the master site directory ... is that correct ??

And yes i have symbolic link forbidden on the linux server

this is just a clarification question ...

Please reply soon
mukeshraj41
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Require support for second slave site 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
If Symbolic Link is really forbidden on your linux server and if you don't have the possibility to configure the apache configuration file to try setup the alias then YES I don't see solution.

First, I suggest that you check that Symbolic Link is really forbidden with the usage of procedure "hello world" as described in tutorial step 4 to 7.
Sometimes, the Symbolic Link is forbidden because you have a bad Joomla configuration on the tmp and log directory.

Remember that when Symbolic Link is forbidden, all the website must have the same root directory.
This is the case when you configure the domain and sub-domain in the hosting server.
When you have a sub-directory (like your "test" subdirectory), you have to assign it the same directory than the master root.
You can not use redirection because this will change the URL.
The only way is to configure your server (probably apache) to simulate this directory and assign another real directory.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/05/18 15:32 By edwin2win.

Re:Require support for second slave site 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
hey thanks i think that cleared my doubt and you are very very supporting , unfortunately i do have access to apache server ...but any it was great support i should say the issue resolved
mukeshraj41
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla