English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: All sites disappeared
All sites disappeared 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
All of my sites have suddenly disappeared from Multisites!

Had 22 sites set up and working fine. Now they do not appear in Site Manager. The list is empty.

However, they are still in configuration.mutisites.php.

What has happened?

Mike
msauvola
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:All sites disappeared 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
The list of files that is displayed in Site Manager is the list of directory present in /multisites and having config_multisites.php file present in thoses directories.

If there are no more directories inside /multisites or there is no more config_multisites.php in all those sub-directories then nothing will appear in the site manager.

Which "configuration.mutisites.php." are you speaking.
This files does not exisits in JMS.
Perhaps you mean config_multiistes.php.
In this case in which directory ?
Because JMS creates many config_multisites.php (one per slave site and also a general one)

If for example you have deleted manually the directories under /multisites, you also have deleted the slave site configuration and this is normal that you don't see the slave site (because you have deleted them).

Another question is :
- are you working from the master website or do you try using JMS from a slave site ?
- If you try manage JMS from a slave site, do you have the multisites directory created in the slave site deployment folder ?
JMS should normaly be managed from the master website and not from a slave site.
We recommend to never install JMS in the slave sites.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/06/07 20:32 By edwin2win.

Re:All sites disappeared 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
UPDATE: Problem solved. It was a permissions problem with my hosting service. They told me they had changed permissions, when in fact they had not.
All sites are back up and running.
Mike

Which "configuration.mutisites.php." are you speaking.
My mistake. I meant config_multiistes.php
In this case in which directory ? Because JMS creates many config_multisites.php (one per slave site and also a general one)
They are all there. 1 per subsite directory, and 1 in /multisites directory
Another question is :
- are you working from the master website or do you try using JMS from a slave site ?

Master

Also, the tmp and logs directories are there, permissions on all directories and files under /multisites is 766.

Symbolic links was forbidden when I created the sites, but still the subsites worked for a day or so.

So now, I contacted the web host, and symbolic links is now allowed.

I suspect I need to fix this by performing another step, but I am not sure what it is.

I tried the "create master_link" procedure in the hello.php script, but I must not be entering the full path correctly. No matter what I put in, it says "path does not exist".

What would the full path be if my site is www.mydomain.com, my hosting server shows the path to my site as /hosting/content/xxxx/html, and subsite_1 is in /hosting/content/xxxx/html/multisites/subsite_1

Or is there a different problem I need to fix?

Mike
msauvola
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/06/08 23:23 By msauvola.

Re:All sites disappeared 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
I have sent you an email to ask you additional information
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla