English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Error on creating subdomain operation not complete
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Error on creating subdomain operation not complete
Error on creating subdomain operation not complete 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Edwin

I have created a rule to produce subdomains.
Created a fresh subdomain in the morning, and then went to do the same thing in the afternoon to create another one using the same template rule.

The second subdomain is created, or should I say listed in the site manager, but gives the following:

Error

Table/View Error [0] query [CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED DEFINER=`xxxxxxx`@`localhost` SQL SECURITY DEFINER VIEW `ms1home_users` AS select `ms1_users`.`id` AS `id`,`ms1_users`.`name` AS `name`,`ms1_users`.`username` AS `username`,`ms1_users`.`email` AS `email`,`ms1_users`.`password` AS `password`,`ms1_users`.`block` AS `block`,`ms1_users`.`sendEmail` AS `sendEmail`,`ms1_users`.`registerDate` AS `registerDate`,`ms1_users`.`lastvisitDate` AS `lastvisitDate`,`ms1_users`.`activation` AS `activation`,`ms1_users`.`params` AS `params`,`ms1_users`.`lastResetTime` AS `lastResetTime`,`ms1_users`.`resetCount` AS `resetCount`,`ms1_users`.`otpKey` AS `otpKey`,`ms1_users`.`otep` AS `otep` from `ms1_users` where `ms1_users`.`id` in (select `ms1home_multisites_users`.`user_id` from `ms1home_multisites_users` where (`ms1home_multisites_users`.`site_id` = 'front'))]. DB Error: SQL=CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED DEFINER=`xxxxxxx`@`localhost` SQL SECURITY DEFINER VIEW `ms1home_users` AS select `ms1_users`.`id` AS `id`,`ms1_users`.`name` AS `name`,`ms1_users`.`username` AS `username`,`ms1_users`.`email` AS `email`,`ms1_users`.`password` AS `password`,`ms1_users`.`block` AS `block`,`ms1_users`.`sendEmail` AS `sendEmail`,`ms1_users`.`registerDate` AS `registerDate`,`ms1_users`.`lastvisitDate` AS `lastvisitDate`,`ms1_users`.`activation` AS `activation`,`ms1_users`.`params` AS `params`,`ms1_users`.`lastResetTime` AS `lastResetTime`,`ms1_users`.`resetCount` AS `resetCount`,`ms1_users`.`otpKey` AS `otpKey`,`ms1_users`.`otep` AS `otep` from `ms1_users` where `ms1_users`.`id` in (select `ms1home_multisites_users`.`user_id` from `ms1home_multisites_users` where (`ms1home_multisites_users`.`site_id` = 'front'))

Have checked in FTP and not all folders have been created. Only cache, logs, templates, tmp and configuration.php have been produced.
All actions are being done within the same database, just copy one prefix to another. The main site and its subdomain are still working.

Just to test things I tried creating a fresh website in a different DB, and that worked.

Any ideas as to why this has happened? and a solution to it.

Using Multisites v 1.3.29
Joomla v 3.2.3
KevKing
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Error on creating subdomain operation not complete 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
The problem is not related to FTP but to the creation of the sharing of the users in the DB.

The SQL seems to miss the error code.
Do you have the SQL error code.

If you don't have the error code, try to copy/past the SQL statement into PHPMyAdmin to see if you can execute it.

I suspect a problem of MySQL user permission that would not have the right to create eh sharing.

In addition, I see that you are using the "Partial User Sharing".

Something that can also try is to re-open the slave site defition and resave it.
Perhaps that the second time, the save will succeed.
Another suspicous would be releated to the table prefix where it seems that you are trying to create a new "ms1home_" connected to the slave site that use "ms1_".
I don't know if the "ms1home_" is processed before the "ms1_" but perhaps that a dependencies order could explain that some tables would not be created yet before they are used.
The fact to re-open and resave the definition may solve such kind of dependencies when a link is performed on something that is not yet created.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Error on creating subdomain operation not complete 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Edwin

Thank you for your prompt reply, appreciated.

After a little closer look it seems there was a discrepancy in the database tables.
According to Extension manager > database > check, it showed a mismatch in the master compared to the default schema? Anyways I tried to fix by clicking on fix, but that did nothing. The error was still highlighted.

I have since gone back to Joomla 3.2.2 and all seems to be working correctly. I am ignoring the UPDATE to Joomla 3.2.3 flashing at me from my screen.

Unfortunately I did not record the exact version number mismatch on the effected server.

But here is what I have now:

Database schema version (in #__schemas): 3.2.2-2014-01-23.
Update version (in #__extensions): 3.2.2.
Although they were similar apart from both being 3.2.3

I tried re opening the slaves and saving again, but that just brought up the same error. Hence the drastic measure of going backwards with the CMS.

The solution, for me, at the moment is to stay at Joomla 3.2.2
KevKing
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Error on creating subdomain operation not complete 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Concerning the Joomla 3.2.3, they have a bug in the schema versioning processing that is commented in the bug tracker and also in pull request.
A pull request is pending for that and if you have a look on the PR, you will see that we also proposed and alternative implementation that we did with success for a customer.
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/3249

So if you want that the Joomla database fix works, you need to apply the pull request modification.
I suppose that this will be fixed in the next Joomla 3.2.4
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla