English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Partial User Sharing
Partial User Sharing 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I have created slave site from the template.
Template (zdenka3)
TAB COMMON
- General
Description: subdomain.mimino.cz
List of domain names: http://{site_id}
www.{site_id}
- Geo location - not used
- Browser features - not used
- New website DB parameters:
Template site: <Master Site> (MMregistrace, c6bgjcmruspk_)
To site ID: {site_id-3}
Admin user: admin
- Deployment folder = /home/soft/public_html/{site_id}
TAB - Folders&files tab - symb. links has been used
TAB SHARING
- User sharing - Share the users filtered on Site ID and exclude the ACL (checked)
- Multisites User Site plugin (checked)

Slave site - I have only filled in Site id = slave3.mimino.cz

When I have entered slave3.mimino.cz Joomla installation guide have appear so I have filled in all tabs and installation had ended successfully.
Than I have Installed to slave3.mimino.cz from master joomla admin page website tools:
a) components: Multi Sites, Multi Sites User Site
b) plugins: Multisites - Delete Multisites ID, Multisites Single Sign In for domains, Multisites patches definitions for partial user sharing, System - Save Multisites ID, User - Partial User Sharing
Than I have checked on master and slave sites if all plugins are enabled.

Than I have created user_registrace on the master website and user_slave3 on slave site.
user_registrace has been created in master DB user table.
user_slave3 has been created in slave user table.
note: I do not why but slave user table is not shared with master user table.

From Joomla administration page - User/Site management I can see
in Master site - user_registrace
in slave site - user_slave3

I can login with user_registrace into the master site but I cannot login with this user into the slave site.
Same with user_slave3 I can login into slave site but I cannot login with this user into master site.
But I suppose with partial user sharing component it should be possible. Why it does not work?

Any hints?
Thanks, Zdenka

Joomla 2.5.14
Web Server Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS)
PHP Version 5.3.3
Database Version 5.1.69
Webhosting Webuzo 2.0.6
Multi Sites - 1.3.22 - Medium
Multi Sites User Site - 1.2.02
zdenka
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Partial User Sharing 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Based on what I have understood, you have created a slave3 websites based on the master website and also setup to share the users partially.

In this case, once the slave3 website is created, you have to go in the "Multi Sites User Site" to grant the "admin" user to have access to the "slave 3" website.
Otherwise, no user will be autorized to access the slave 3 and you will not be able to login with your admin.

If you want that new users created have access to other websites automatically, see the setting of the user plugin "Partial User Sharing".
edwin2win
graph

Re: Partial User Sharing 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello Edwin,

I have created new "trial"set up in master - Extension - Plugin manager - User Partial User Sharing
Status=enabled
Access=public
Site selection=ALL (and I have slave1-10 sites)

I have used few templates for creation of these slave sites:
All templates were created as replication - website DB parematers - master template.
All templates have set up - SHARING - User Sharing - Share the users filtered on Site ID and exclude the ACL)
Templates are different in these parameters:
template1 = Folders and Files = COPY, Sharing - Multisites User Site AND Multisites User Site plugin (slave 1,2,3)
template2 = Folders and Files = COPY, Sharing - Multisites User Site plugin (slave 4,5,6)
template3 = Folders and Files = SYMB.LINKS, Sharing - Multisites User Site AND Multisites User Site plugin (slave 7,8)
template4 = Folders and Files = SYMB.LINKS, Sharing - Multisites User Site plugin (slave 9,10)

I supposed that when user is created on SLAVEx site, he/she will be created automatically in
Components - Multi Sites User Site - User's site permissions AS
user with default page (SITE ID of slave site where he/she was created) and on the rest slave sites and master he/she will be as non default user automatically. But it does not work.

Actually user is created in SLAVE site USER table (in DB and is manageable through Users - User Manager from slave site) only in case SYMB.LINKS are used. In this case the user is created in Components - Multi Sites User Site - User's site permission with correct DEFAULT SITE ID assignment (in case of COPIED folders and files it is assigned to the master site but user is created from slave site.... its weird).

Moreover when I enable this user (where SYMB.LINKS has been used and user has been correctly assigned to the DEFAULT SITE ID) in master site than there is automatically created in Components - Multi Sites User Site - User's site permission - permission for this user also to the master site (non default). BUT still not to the others slave sites which were allowed in Plugin manager- User Partial User Sharing.

I would like to be in situation that I have used COPIED folders and files and for ALL (or selected slaves) this user will have automatic permission to whole bundle of slave sites. In other words if I create user1 on slave1 site this user (when is activated) have also permission to login into other slave sites and in the master site. Is that even possible (or only possible for SYMB.LINKS)? Or have I setup something incorrectly?

Thanks for advice,
Zdenka
zdenka
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Partial User Sharing 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
To have the users automatically added in the "Multi Sites User Sites", you need to have the user plugin "partial user sharing" enabled in the slave site.

If you want to also grant the permission on other websites, you also have to setup the "partial user sharing" plugin to select the websites for which you want that the users has the access.
Otherwise, it will only have access on the websites where it was created.

The fact that you use "copy" in folder and files does NOT affect the DB and the way that the records are inserted into the tables.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Partial User Sharing 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello Edwin,

but as describe above I have enabled plugin "partial user sharing" on all slave sites and master site and I have checked in Basic Options - Sites Selection - ALL....

But users are not able to login on other sites than where they were created until I setup Multi Sites User Site - User's Site Permissions.

zdenka
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Partial User Sharing 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
As documented in the user manual, currently the user plugin - Partial user sharing" only propagate the "User Group" information for the other website but does not affect the "Multi Site User Site". The plugin that affect the "Multi Sites User Site" is the system plugin - Save Multisite ID but again this plugin only add the user to the current site ID.

I noticed your new requirement to be able to propage a user ID on ALL the websites but in this case, I am wondering why you are using the Partial User Sharing if the objective is to grant all the users on all the webistes. I better imagine that you would like to propagate to a specific list of websites.

I would better understand a previous post where you mentioned to only share users on a specific list of Site ID (an not ALL as mentioned in your last post).
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla