English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multisite Breaks JOOMLA 3.1.5 User Detail Screen
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multisite Breaks JOOMLA 3.1.5 User Detail Screen
Multisite Breaks JOOMLA 3.1.5 User Detail Screen 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
When JMS 1.3.1.7 is installed on Joomla 3.1.5 it cause the user's details screen and the and new user screen to disappear and all you are left with is a unformatted page with no template and no Joomla interface at all. I tried adding a jpeg screen shot of only 17kb but forum won't allow it. But you can see a copy on my Joomla.og forum post on the subject here (after login into the forum). forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=706&...p;p=3088022#p3088022

The error produced in joomla is
Fatal error: Class 'JParameter' not found in /home/homeseum/public_html/plugins/user/template/fields/usertemplatestyle.php on line 47

(The rest of the debug area is also missing)

And In the firebug Network/console tab it says

ReferenceError: Joomla is not defined

Joomla.submitbutton = function(task)

Both these message are the same when trying to access the user details screen or trying to create a new user.

I have tried unpatching the JMS files, but that did not help. Only uninstaling JMS cause the problem to go away as long as the user_template plugin (which I assume is part of Multisites) is also disabled. If this plugin is enable after Multisite is up-patched the problem still persists.

If multisites is uninstalled and this plugin remains enabled the problem persist.

In summary.
Problem occurs when multsite is installed and user template plugin is enabled.
When multisite is installed with files patches user template plugin is enabled.
When multsite is installed and files then un-patched and user template plugin is enabled.

Problem occurs when multsite is installed and user template plugin is disabled.
When multisite is installed with files patches and user template plugin is disabled.
When multsite is installed and files unpatched and user template plugin is disnabled.

The only time it does not occur is when multisite is uninstalled and the user plugin is disabled.

So I think this is a genuine and very important bug that needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
netician
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/09/27 20:28 By netician.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multisite Breaks User Admin Screens 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
This information on Joomla 3.0 and Joomla Framework backward compatibility might help in fixing the problem.

docs.joomla.org/Potential_backward_compa...Joomla_Platform_12.2
netician
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/09/28 20:20 By netician.

Re:Multisite Breaks User Details Screen 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Have I posted this in the wrong forum. Why no reply.
netician
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/09/27 20:28 By netician.

Re:Multisite Breaks User Details Screen 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Sorry for the delay but I was very busy these last days.

The PHP Fatal error message is present in the
Fatal error: Class 'JParameter' not found in /home/homeseum/public_html/plugins/user/template/fields/usertemplatestyle.php on line 47

In the /plugins/user/templates, you should have an XML file that give you the author of this extension.
This is not a JMS plugin and you have to contact the author of this plugin that is still calling a JParameters that is no more available in Joomla 3.1.5

The xml file name is probably templates.xml

If you don't know how to read the XML file name to retreive the author of the extension, you can send me the XML file in the attachement of an email to the "contact us" email address.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2013/09/30 16:02 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla