English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Installing patches: problem with installation dir
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Installing patches: problem with installation dir
Installing patches: problem with installation dir 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I have installed JMS MultiSites 1.3.16 on a site running Joomla! 3.1.5. When I install the patches, I got the following error message:

installation:

Not OK

Directory found but missing index.php.
The installation directory is required to create fresh slave site. It contains the joomla web installer.

Actions:

Restore the directory

Renamed 'installation' dir:

I am entering the renamed 'installation' dir (which does contain index.php) before clicking Install Patches.

I also noticed that after I click Install Patches, a separate 'installation' directory is created that only contains the folder "application" with the file "defines.php" inside it.

What am I doing wrong?
eddie_konczal
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Installing patches: problem with installation dir 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
When you have such kind of message, this mean that the "/installation" with all its content is not restored correctly.

Different solution for that:
1) Restore the /installation directory from you Joomla installation ZIP file.
This solution is recommended when you hare using a Joomla distribution with a specific language (other than the joomla.org).

2) Verify that your server can connect outside to download the "installation" zip file that we have duplicated on our website. We only have the original file with english
Sometime, a firewall forbid such external connection or the "open url" is forbidden.

Try removing (or renaming) the /installation directory to let JMS retry download the "installation.zip" file from our website.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Installing patches: problem with installation dir 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks! I restored /installation from the original unzipped Joomla! installation file and now I get:

“Congratulation, all the patches are successfully installed.”
eddie_konczal
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla