English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Cannot create specific image folder for slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Cannot create specific image folder for slave site
Cannot create specific image folder for slave site 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
HI,

I've updated my system from Joomla 1.7.3 to 2.5.14. It includes several slave sites with specific image directories for each slave. Now, with JMS 1.3.15 I can't create a specific image folder.
I've created the slave site, the replication template and a new site using the replic-site. I have the option to enter a specific template directory, but the field for the specific image folder doesn't show. So I saved the new site with the specific templates folder. When I open the form again there show's up the field for the images folder, but after saving an error appears and the images folder is not created.

Many thanks for your help!
ikho
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot create specific image folder for slave site 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
To have the field for a specific image directory path, this require to replicate a website.
If your rule is defined for a fresh slave site, that mean that you don't have any website to replicate and therefore this parameter is not available.

The parameter that you make reference is the equivalent of the joomla media setting and this parameter is stored in the DB.
As a fresh slave site does not have any DB defined, you can not setup this parameter.
You have to go in the slave site media setting to change the path.

If you want to make the /images directory specific, you can also go in the "folder and files" to change the action into copy.
In general this is better to do that because most of the extension does not read the media setting to collect the path of the images directory.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla