English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Article Sharing - Adding new article to Master Sit
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Article Sharing - Adding new article to Master Sit
Article Sharing - Adding new article to Master Sit 10 Years ago Karma: 0
Hello,

We just recently added some new articles to our Master site. They don't exist in our Main Menu, we've created a hidden menu so that we can create links to these articles within articles in our master site.

However, we would like these links to the articles to also carry over onto our slave sites.

We have set the slave sites to share/pull the master site articles (where the links to the new articles exist) using the article sharing component. However, how do we get those links in the articles that we're sharing to link to the new articles. We're getting a 404 error, because of course those new articles don't exist on the slave sites.

Do we have to create those hidden menus and new articles on each slave site also?

When we try to just create a new hidden menu on the slave site and use the article sharing to pull the article from the master site, those new articles don't exist in the list.

Is there a way to get the new articles and/or hidden menu items to appear in the slave sites without having to create each one.

We want to be able to update those articles on the master site and have them go to the slaves site as well.

Sorry, it's kind of hard to explain. We understand and have set it up perfectly to share articles, we just can't figure out how to get it to work for new articles we've created on the master site since they're not on the list in the slave sites, so we can't select them to pull from the master.

Thanks!
wspartner
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Article Sharing - Adding new article to Master Sit 10 Years ago Karma: 54
If you are using the article sharing for JMS to display the article coming from the master, you should not have an error 404 because you should display the article from a menu created in the slave site (not in the master).

The "multisite menu item" allow access the menu item from another website but you will have to create the menu in each slave site (event with the multisite menu item).
Today, we don't have extension that are able to do a push into the other website.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Article Sharing - Adding new article to Master Sit 9 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you for your response. That's what I was trying to do however, I choose the menu type as Multi Site Article Layout, I select the site to pull from as the Master Site and then when I go to select the article the article that I'm trying to pull from the master site isn't in the list.

Actually it's in the list the fist time I view it, but when I go to the next page to find it it's gone. My number of article pages goes from 7 to 4, so it's there originally from the full master article list, but then it is gone from the list.

I'm not sure why it's happening, but I did find a work around. When I first look at the article list to select which one to share, I change the number of articles to display to All (the article list changes to only show some articles at that point). Then I close that window, open it again and the full list is there. I don't have to go to another page so the articles aren't disappearing like there were when I changed pages.

It seems to work every time, but I did want to mention it to you in case I'm doing something wrong or there is a glitch somewhere.
Thank you!
wspartner
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Article Sharing - Adding new article to Master Sit 9 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 54
I notice this behavior and I will try reproducing it when I will review the article sharing and see if I can find the reason.

Thank you for the feedback
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla