English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Bulk website creation
Bulk website creation 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I need to create something like 600 websites in a row. The whole 600 domains and db parameters are stored in a csv file, and i'd like to be able to create them only using php… i know i could use something like curl to fill the admin form in a loop but i guess/hope i'm not the first guy asking for this !
brunet
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Bulk website creation 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok here is what i'm going to try :
- I found that the entered values are processed by the savesite function in the manage view
- Then they're sent to the deploysite function of the manage model
- I just put a print_r on this array to see what is inside when i'm creating a new site and deactivated the setredirect in the manage controller
- I'm going to "hack" the view.php and write my loop on my csv in it. That's a dirty way to do it, i should/could create a specific view for that, but hey, i'm only going to use this once !
brunet
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Bulk website creation 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok topic can be closed, i found the way to achieve this by myself…
Almost exactly as i said in my previous post, by filling the array from my csv in the view.php file and by giving the value to deploysite function (and createMasterIndex). Some hacks need to be done on the model and the controller too, like removing the & before some functions and variables.
brunet
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Bulk website creation 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to create a large number of websites based on a CSV file, we have an internal tool that we can use to do such kind of things.
This is not a public extension as it needs to be updated on for each environment and we can provide such kind of extension with 1 hour of support.

We can also create the 600 websites for you based on your CSV file.
In general and depending on the server speed, it is possible to create moreless 400 websites in 8 hours.

If the DB must be creaed dynamically, it is required to have the root login on the server including the root mysql.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Bulk website creation 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Just one question... What will you do wit 600 websites together?
sanju4s
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Bulk website creation 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
No problem to do that.
This will just take time to build the websites.

In general, depending on the server performance, we can buid 400 websites in 8 hours (sometime faster).

This is something that we already did for some SEO companies that want to build micro-websites specialized on some specific keywords.

So this is totally possible.
When you want to have more than 1,000 websites on a same master, some specific settings are required.
Over 5,000 websites, it is also recommended to implement a specific JMS user exit to improve the performance and avoid reading the website definition list.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla