English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Unique admin_language.php file for each slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Unique admin_language.php file for each slave site
Unique admin_language.php file for each slave site 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Is it possible to do this? Specifically, I'm interested in doing this with Community Builder.

I've installed the en-GB language plugin so I don't have to change the default. Now, obviously, if I edit the admin_language.php file it will be used by all the slave sites.

What I am looking for is whether it is feasible to have a unique admin_language.php file for each slave without performing serious hacks and circumventing what JMS does for me.

Thoughts?

I expect to be told no, BUT if anyone has done this I would be interested in understanding how.

Thanks,
djdesjardins
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Unique admin_language.php file for each slave site 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Can you be more precised and provide the full path of the file that you try to modify.

Where is located the admin_language.php ?
Which is the joomla version and if you modify the CB, which is the CB version ?
You also mentioned a GB language plugin. Can you provide more detail where this plugin can be downloaded ?

I don't find the "admin_language.php" file in the joomla 2.5.14 and I don't know what you modify in this file.

If you objective is to have different joomla group of user depending on the website, see the "Partial User Sharing" that allow to have a same user in different websites with different group. For example a user can be registered in a website, admin in another website and no access in a third website.
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...63&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla