English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

some settings in site templates
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: some settings in site templates
some settings in site templates 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I need few clarifications on setting up the site templates:

1- In Folders and Files, what is the difference between Special Copy and Copy the Folder or File?

2- Say you are having many subfolder sites, you have defined a template and everytime you are adding a site, you need to go to the template and set the folder for the latest salve site from default value of Symbolic Link to Ignor Folder and File.

Is it possible to change the default value to Ignore Folder and File so that producing many subfolder sites could be simplified?

3- How I can share DB tables for one specific component. I want this to be same as Joomla User Information so that it would always be synchronised through all the sites. This is like a Members Component which all sites need to include synchronised information.

Many thanks in advance.
amir00251
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: some settings in site templates 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
1) Special Copy that this is either a symbolic link or a physical copy depending if your environment autorise or forbid the symbolic link.
So when Symbolic Links is allowed then Special Copy = Symbolic Link
When symbolic link is forbidden then Specail Copy = COPY

2) By default, JMS when a file or folder is not defined in the JMS template then it creates a Symbolic Link (or ignore it) depending that the Symbolic Link function is allowed (or forbiden).
Changing this behavior is dangerous in case where Joomla add new directories that was not defined in the JMS template.

In general, it is recommended that the master website is installed in a specific directory that is not public on internet. So that it is not modified all the times as you mention it.
Here, I suspect that the master is the www website and that you create slave site into a subdirectory.

3) If you want that the content of an extension is shared because it is not defined for the sharing, you have to send me the extension in the attachement of an email for review.
All the extension can NOT be shared.
To share an extension, it is required that this extension does not perform access to other data than the users. Otherwise this could create inconsistencies.
So a manual review of the code and all the MySQL queries is required to verify that there is no access outside.

See contact us for the email address
www.jms2win.com/en/contact-us
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla