English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Virtuemart tables requests on slave & master
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Virtuemart tables requests on slave & master
Virtuemart tables requests on slave & master 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I just bought this component : such a GREAT job (and it saved my life !).

But : i'd like to hack virtuemart in order that
- some requests on slave sites on specific tables could be done on the master db (ie: product_categories)
- some requests on slave sites fields could be joined with some field of master db with a key (sku).

I guess i'll be forced to hack it manually when it's just some fields that needs to be requested on master db, but what about whole tables sharing ? May i do something in jms to have with some tables being aliased to master ones ?

Thx,
Philippe.
cerealkiller
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/08/16 18:01 By cerealkiller.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Virtuemart tables requests on slave & master 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
I suppose that you are using VM2. If you are using VM1, replace #__virtuemart by #__vm

If you modify any #__virtuemart_% tables and that you are using the functionality to share the VM content in JMS, there is no problem.
Once you will have modified the VM table structure then you will have to drop all the shared VM tables in the slave site and rebuild the sharing.
The reason is that MySQL keep a snapshot of the list of fields used when sharing the table and does not keep the wildcard (*) field for the sharing. So you have to rebuild the sharing to reflect the new VM table structure.

If you are using the JMS 1.3.x, the maintenance menu will help you identifying the difference between the master VM structure and the slave site VM structure.
So when using physical copy of the VM (not sharing) then you could apply the VM structure modification on all the websites in one shoot.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Virtuemart tables requests on slave & master 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
I suppose that you are using VM2. If you are using VM1, replace #__virtuemart by #__vm

That's ok, i'm using VM2

If you modify any #__virtuemart_% tables and that you are using the functionality to share the VM content in JMS, there is no problem.
Once you will have modified the VM table structure then you will have to drop all the shared VM tables in the slave site and rebuild the sharing.
The reason is that MySQL keep a snapshot of the list of fields used when sharing the table and does not keep the wildcard (*) field for the sharing. So you have to rebuild the sharing to reflect the new VM table structure.

I did not get everything in this, but i don't share the VM content. The slaves are completely autonomous. I just want to share categories, manufacturers and taxes.

If you are using the JMS 1.3.x, the maintenance menu will help you identifying the difference between the master VM structure and the slave site VM structure.
So when using physical copy of the VM (not sharing) then you could apply the VM structure modification on all the websites in one shoot.

What I'd like is not to duplicate master db tables into all slaves… i want the slaves to to do all queries concerning categories / manufacturers / taxes in master db…

Virtuemart categories queries for examples use sometimes getTable() method, and sometimes JFactory::getDBO() with setQuery and loadXXX…

I do not really see how to achieve this…
cerealkiller
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Virtuemart tables requests on slave & master 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
In fact your question is different and in your reply, you seem request to have a partial sharing of the VM content.
Today such kind of partial sharing is not possible in VM.

I suspect that you would like to have same websites that share some products depending on the websites or have specific vendor for specific websites.

Such kind of behavior is possible with Hikashop that has the multisites functionality available in their code.
What I can suggest is that you request that to the VM authors.
I can tell you that they know how to modify VM to do that because I teach them at the J "J and Beyond 2013" on how JMS share the info in VM and how to modify their code to acheive such kind of objective.

So if you request that to the VM team, perhaps that they will speed up their development or see the Hikashop solution that can do such kind of thing.

Here it is our hikashop partner ship link
www.hikashop.com/download.html?partner_id=16361

See also our change history that give more info on the Hikashop and hikamarket solution
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/change-history-13...d-hikamarket-sharing
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla