English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Replicating The Master Site And Creating New Slave
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Replicating The Master Site And Creating New Slave
Replicating The Master Site And Creating New Slave 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Guys,

Having used JMS in the past version and successfully running 108 mini-sites from it easily I was hoping that in the new 1.3 version it would be just as easy but I am finding it difficult.

I have two things I need to achieve
1. replicate the master domain to another domain (backup and testing)
2. Be able to create fresh slave sites

Looking through the videos (12/13) I became a bit confused . . . it looks as though I need to create a rule and then a template.

Underneath the manage sites tab I have set the id, site title and domain and as expected JMS has created a deployment folder.... In the previous version I could now click the domain name and would be taken to a fresh install , but this is for master site replication an has just allowed me to see an exact copy of the master . . . However its not copied as if i edit one it edits both . . . so this is not a replication as such and just a link back . . . so something is missing.

Do I need to modify the template rule ? Can anyone help with a process for replication as I think the tutorial videos are not very well documented.

Thanks in advance
ether1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/06/26 12:55 By ether1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Replicating The Master Site And Creating New Slave 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
What is difficult for you ?

This is the same concept.
We just have created accordeon to group the fields by types to avoid a very long list of parameters.

The concept is like in JMS 1.2
- You need to create a JMS template rule where you setup the default values;
- After that, you can use the rule to build your website and enter you specific variant value.

In JMS 1.3, we have provided plenty of pre-defined JMS templates rules for most frequently request task.

You request to replicate the master and create new site.

You have the rules "replicMasterXXXXX" where XXXX gives you a sample depending if you want to replicate the master as a subdomain or a domain or a subdirectory or a multisites subdirectory.

You have the same to create new "fresh" slave site.
You have the rules "freshSlaveXXXXX" where XXXX also gives you a variant depending if you want to create a new slave site into a domain or a subdomain or ....

All the rules are based on our recommandation explained in the tutorial video 0.b (slide 21-24)

If you don't want to use the JMS template rule, you can of course enter all the parameters directly in the "manage site". The difference is that you will not be able to setup the "files and folders" directory. This will create symbolic link for everything. (when the symbolic link functionality is allowed by your server).

The parameter "deploy folder" is located into the (4) "website deploy directroy" accordeon.

I don't understand what you try to explain with a difference between JMS 1.2 and 1.3.
The paramters are exactly the same.
In JMS 1.3 we have added paramters and as mentioned herebefore, created accordeon to group the parameters.

You can still create a fresh slave site using the manage site and just enter the 3 parameters
- Site ID
- List of domain
- Deploy folder

And if you want to replicate the master website, add the selection of <master DB> and at least provide a "new table prefix".

Those parameters are not changed between JMS 1.2 & 1.3
edwin2win
graph

Re: Replicating The Master Site And Creating New Slave 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok so I can now replicate fresh slave sites at will without any problems yay

no rules have been changed I am just specifying different table prefixes and defining the deployment directory which are both correct.

However I am having an issue when trying to replicate the master site , I just get taken to a blank page. Again no modifications to the rule have been made and the deployment directory has been created successfully and the mapping is correct.

JMS is fully up to date with the latest version installed
ether1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/07/11 16:59 By ether1.

Re: Replicating The Master Site And Creating New Slave 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
You have to verify the setting with the home and public parameters.
I also think that you are using domain like domain.co.uk

When using a "replicMaster XXXX" rule, review them when you are using something with 3 parts in the domain name.
The default rules are setup for domain.com and not domain.co.uk

You probabley adjust to use in the computation of the deploy folder and perhaps other fields.

{site_id-3} = domain
{site_id-2} = co
{site_id-1} = uk
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla