English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Joomlart T3 plugin install to slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Joomlart T3 plugin install to slave site
Joomlart T3 plugin install to slave site 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,
I have bought a template from joomlart, that requires at least a plugin to be installed to slave sites in order to work. I dont want to take the risk, as is stated in tools menu when trying to install plugin from master to slave

Can i reinstal exactly the same version of plugin on slave site but using the Extension manager? Can i reinstall the whole template in slave site through extension manager?? Would this work?

Thank you in advance

Dinos
dinaras
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Joomlart T3 plugin install to slave site 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I installed the plugin on slave site using the tools menu, and just using the option "define from master" Is this safe to use?

Reading on the documentation, this probably should not be done.

My question is that i asked about JA template and they were supported. If this is true, why some parts of the components were not known to multisites?

In my master joomla installation i see a menu in components JA Extensions Manager. When i click on that i get the following error:

An error has occurred.
0 SQL=SELECT * FROM master_jaem_services AS t WHERE 1 ORDER BY t.ws_nameAn error has occurred.

Also i installed once K2 component on master site and then i un-installed it. Later i decided that i will need it but when i try to install it i get the following error
An error has occurred.
0 SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `master_k2_categories`

I have been looking in the manual about the maintenance menu, that can check and fix db errors. I am not sure what to actually do, so this is why i am posting here.

Can you please advice on this?

Regards

Dinos
dinaras
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Joomlart T3 plugin install to slave site 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
In general (there are very few exception) you can define the module and plugins because they are using the MySQL table defined in the component.

You can NOT use the define for the component because that would mean that component does not used any MySQL table.

So you have to verify that the component has installed its MySQL table and in this case the module and plugin can just be defined and use the MySQL table declared for the component.

Remember that the concept of JMS is to share the same joomla installation (PHP code).
So when decide to uninstall an extension in the master website, you have to verify that you don't use it anymore in any slave sites.
Otherwise, you can effectivelly have an error for this extension when it is used and not more present.

Remark: When you un-install a component with the JMS tool menu, this physically delete (remove) the table used by the components.
This is the difference with some extension that when they are uninstalled from the back-end does not cleanup the DB and let the tables present in the DB.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Joomlart T3 plugin install to slave site 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
In general (there are very few exception) you can define the module and plugins because they are using the MySQL table defined in the component.

You can NOT use the define for the component because that would mean that component does not used any MySQL table.

Forgive me but i cannot really understand what you mean here. Can you please explain in more details what define from master means, and if i should use it or not? I didnt find anything on the documentation about this

So you have to verify that the component has installed its MySQL table and in this case the module and plugin can just be defined and use the MySQL table declared for the component.

If the table is not created for some reason, how can i solve this? All the sql errors i am describing in my previous post are there because tables are missing both from master and slave sites

Remember that the concept of JMS is to share the same joomla installation (PHP code).
So when decide to uninstall an extension in the master website, you have to verify that you don't use it anymore in any slave sites.
Otherwise, you can effectivelly have an error for this extension when it is used and not more present.

this is something i understand, and i wouldnt uninstall a component from a master site if it is needed on a slave site. I see master site as the repository of slave sites

Remark: When you un-install a component with the JMS tool menu, this physically delete (remove) the table used by the components.
This is the difference with some extension that when they are uninstalled from the back-end does not cleanup the DB and let the tables present in the DB.

Lets have an overview what i did with K2. I installed it on slave site. Then using the tools menu i also installed it in a slave site. I just wanted to see how sharing of components can be done. Then i un-installed it from slave site using tools menu and then uninstalled it from master site too using joomla backend. When i tried to install it again on master site i got the error
An error has occurred.
0 SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `master_k2_categories`
When looking at the database, i see that there are no related tables to K2. I can understand that this is a bug of K2 though, and not a problem with multisites. The reason i mentioned this is because i have seen in maintenance menu that there are some queries with errors and these were the queries that were supposed to create the tables.

Same happened with joomlart template. Although i asked you before i install it if it is compatible, and you assured me it is compatible, after i installed in master site i realized that some parts of the template (plugins e.t.c) were not mapped in multisites. The error i get when i click from Extensions --> JA Extensions manager is

An error has occurred.
0 SQL=SELECT * FROM master_jaem_services AS t WHERE 1 ORDER BY t.ws_nameAn error has occurred.

Now when looking at maintenance menu for master site i see that beside the installation of com_jaextmanager i see 2 databases changes have errors. One of these errors is shown below
my database prefix is master_

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `#__jaem_services` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `ws_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `ws_mode` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'local', `ws_uri` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `ws_user` varchar(100) NOT NULL, `ws_pass` varchar(100) NOT NULL, `ws_default` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `ws_core` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=3 ;

This explains the error. Tale has not been created ad does not exist in DB, and hense i get this error

Is there an easy way to fix these problems? Reading at the manual, i understand that the function fix db, might do just that. Because i am not completely sure i am not touching it, although it is stated in the manual that this tool can understand queries and knows if query must be run or not.

My biggest fear is that i will setup all sites, and maybe for some similar reason i will be unable to install and share a component and maybe this will make me to have to reinstall everything from scratch. Is there a way to avoid or eliminate my fear?

As a last resort, can we use the 1 hour training time to solve these issues and let me know what to do in future similar situations. I am not an expert in joomla, but have been using it since it was mambo. Also, i am not a linux guru, but i am quite confident on configuring things

Your help is valuable

Best regards

Dinos
dinaras
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Joomlart T3 plugin install to slave site 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
1) Joomla has table that store the name of the extension, parameter, ... and also assign an extension ID.
Define an extension mean INSERT a record in joomla table to define the extension.

This does NOT create the MySQL table require by the extension.

2) If an extensiion is not defined in JMS, you can send me this extension in the attachement of an email with the request to review it and add its definition in the JMS tool menu.

If the table are not create or not copied, asked your server administator to help you or we can also have a look on your environment with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1

I have customers who use Joomlart and this is OK.

WHich is the extension taht manage the
master_jaem_services ?

jaem is NOT a Joomlart template.
A template does not use mysql tables.

This is an extension that require this jaem tabels.

To fix that, you need to tell me which is the extension that require this table and send me the extension for the review.
I don't know the extension that use #__jaem/%
I suspect this is something related to Jooml Art but I don't know that.

I suspect this is a specific joomla module, component or plugin but not a joomlart template.

Yes you can order our billable support to have a look on your environment and have a better diagnosis of what cause that.
I can not promis you that this will be fixed in 1 hour of support.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Joomlart T3 plugin install to slave site 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
WHich is the extension taht manage the
master_jaem_services ?

jaem is NOT a Joomlart template.
A template does not use mysql tables.

This is an extension that require this jaem tabels.

To fix that, you need to tell me which is the extension that require this table and send me the extension for the review.
I don't know the extension that use #__jaem/%
I suspect this is something related to JoomlArt but I don't know that.

I suspect this is a specific joomla module, component or plugin but not a joomlart template.

As you say this is a component included in Joomlart template. I am not expert but i think it allows you to create sliders e.t.c

I will send you a link in order to download the template and let me know. Please tell me which email to use

Another question, about K2 in master site. If i create manually the tables, i suspect it will work, shall i do it?

And finally, if i install an extension that is not defined by you in master site, and then i go to a slave site and reinstall it again(using normal joomla installation procedure), will it work? WIll it mess anything up

Thank you very much for your help

Regards

Dinos
dinaras
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla