English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Fresh install Error code 500
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Fresh install Error code 500
Fresh install Error code 500 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,
I just did a fresh install of joomla 3.1.1 and jms multisites 1.3 medium

I registered the component and i get error code 500 when trying to update geolocation cities.

Also if i go to Components-->multisites --> Tools and click on Master db icon, then again i get error code 500

Can you please let me know if this is normal as i would like to start building my production scenario in this installation.

Final question
my final directory structure is following
/home/username/contains 2 directories
master.domain.com --> this will be my master site, and will not be public
domains --> here i will put my domains and then subdomains inside of them

Does this sound good?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Dinos
dinaras
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Fresh install Error code 500 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
At the question is this normal, the answer is NO.

You mentioned an internal error 500 when updating the Geo-localisation cities.
The free Geo-localisation cities is a file that is downloaded from the maxmind.com website.

An error 500 is an internal server error.
Check if you have a "error log" file that would give you more infos on the reason of the error 500.

Concerning the directory structure this can work.
Get inspired of the tutorial video 0.b / slide 21-24.
We propose a directory naming convention to ensure that a domain or a subdomain is never a subdirectory of something that is public. This will avoid potential penalties given by search engine when they detect a duplicate content.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Fresh install Error code 500 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
You mentioned an internal error 500 when updating the Geo-localisation cities.
The free Geo-localisation cities is a file that is downloaded from the maxmind.com website.

The error i get in apache log when trying to download local city db is the following
62.103.66.216 - - [28/May/2013:12:25:58 +0300] "GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_multisites&task=ajaxMaxmindDownload&9aa9edb42141e9ade31d391b846c0106=1&file=city HTTP/1.1" 500 -

while when downloading country loca db
62.103.66.216 - - [28/May/2013:12:27:18 +0300] "GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_multisites&task=ajaxMaxmindDownload&9aa9edb42141e9ade31d391b846c0106=1&file=icc HTTP/1.1" 200 69

Also if i go to Components-->multisites --> Tools and click on Master db icon, then again i get error code 500
What about this, is it normal?

Can you please help resolve these?

Best regards

Dinos
dinaras
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

In the case of the error 500, you should have an error log that provide more info.

Here you gave the access log and not the error log.

What I expect is an error message with a file name and a line that cause the error.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Fresh install Error code 500 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello, thanks for your replies,

The weird thing is that nothing is written in eror log. I changed logging to debug, and still no error in error_log. Only error 500 in access_log is the line i showed you before. Let me note here that this is the second time i am doing a fresh install on everything as i hasd the same problem in the first time

Could it be that i am missing something in php? Could it be that something is missing from my apache httpd.conf>

I am not an expert, but i am not novice either. I have been looking to find the source of this but i am failing.

Could firewall be causing all this? Only port 80 is open on this server. understand thart it is trying to pull something off the web. Is it done from port 80?

I must solve this before i go on as it would be difficul to reinstall everything , and add content again

Best regards

Dinos
dinaras
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I suspect a problem of timeout somewhere but without any detailled info on the files and lines where the error occurs, it is difficults to tell you more.

If you want to get the geo city, you can go directly on the maxmind.com website and download it manually. It makes moreless 18MB

You have to store the file into the /administrator/components/com_multisites/classes
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla