English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Gray Fields
Gray Fields 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I'm trying to create a new site based off a template that was created. I originally created the site successfully but than later deleted it because I realized some of the changes I made to the master was not passing down to the slave.

So I deleted the site and tried to create a new one.

Now when I go to create a new site off the template I get some fields that are Grayed Out.
The fields are Site title, Admin Email, Admin Pass, Template Media Folder, New Media Folder, Template Images Folder, New Images Folder.

The message I get is this:
Gray fields corresponds to information that are stored into the new DB.
To replicate a DB, select either a template having a "to" prefix rule or enter a new DB prefix here.
When there is no DB defined in the template, this is the master DB that is used for the replication.

I think when I deleted the original site I deleted the associated DB.

Can you help with this?
charlesv
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Gray Fields 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Any word on this?
charlesv
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Gray Fields 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Sorry but this is not clear.

WHere did you get those message ?
Can you give a screenshot ?

Which version of JMS ?

The "NEW admin email", "NEW admin password", ... are effectivelly fields that can only be entered when you duplicate (replicate, close) a website.
Otherwise, in case of a fresh slave site, this is the Joomla web installer that will build the DB and not JMS. So it is not possible to fill in the DB NEW values as the DB does not exists yet for this website.

If you are trying to replicate that does not exists any more, this may explain such error message.
edwin2win
graph

Hi Edwin,

I'm using version 1.2.49

Attached is a screenshot where you can see the message I'm getting when trying to create a new site based off a template that you created for me.

The problem is when I try to create a new site off the template when trying to save I get the message
The deployed directory [/home/ravelwed/domains/copafridays.com/public_html] does not exists.

I never had this error before when creating a new site. The last thing I did was create a new site. Everything was fine with the new site but than I realized none of the new changes I had made to the master was passed down to the slave. So I deleted the site and tried creating another new site. After I did that I started getting the message so now I can't create any new sites off the template anymore.

Here is a shot of the template
charlesv
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Gray Fields 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning the error message

The deployed directory [/home/ravelwed/domains/copafridays.com/public_html] does not exists.

This mean that you didn't created the "copafridays.com" domain into your cPanel with this document root.

So verify that you have setup an "Addon Domain" for the domain "copafridays.com" and that the document root is = "domains/copafridays.com/public_html"

This shoudl resolve the deploy directory error message.

If you had setup the correct path but had removed the slave site definition in JMS, the directory was removed and therefore must be rebuild.
You can enable the check box to ask JMS build the directory when it does not exists.
edwin2win
graph

OK got it...deleting and adding back the addon domain did it.

Question if I upgrade a component and made some changes to the configuration how can I pass this along to a new slave site. The newest site I created does not have the changes I made in the master.
charlesv
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla