English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Article Sharing and Menu Item with K2 support?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Article Sharing and Menu Item with K2 support?
Article Sharing and Menu Item with K2 support? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Are the extensions Article Sharing, Menu Item and Search K2 enabled?

Thanks.
donjarleone
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Article Sharing and Menu Item with K2 support? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Your question is not clear.
The article sharing is totally disconnected of K2.
They are differents extensions.

Concering the standard joomla menu item, which is the questions ?

What do you mean with Search K2 enabled ?

If you want to search in multiple website, you need the "Multisites Search Plugin" that search in the articles present in multiple website that you pre-configure in the back-end of the plugin.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Article Sharing and Menu Item with K2 support? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
To clarify:

- Article Sharing: does the extension work on K2 items as it does on Joomla articles. I gather from your answer that it doesnt.

- Multisites Menu Item: does the extension allow making K2 menu items as it does for Joomla menu items. I gather from your answer that it doesnt.

- Multisites Search: does the extension search through K2 items as well as Joomla articles? I gather from your answer that it doesnt.

Thanks for answering!
donjarleone
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Article Sharing and Menu Item with K2 support? 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
the Multisites Search search in Joomla Article, Section and Category. Not in the other extensions. So it does NOT search in K2.

Idem for the Article Sharing.

Concerning the "Multi Sites Menu Item", it is able to redirect to any item present in another website. Therefore, if you created a K2 menu item, then you can be redirected to this website K2 menu item.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Article Sharing and Menu Item with K2 support? 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
Idem for the Article Sharing.

I didn't quite understand this response. Can you confirm again if the "Article Sharing" extension can be used to share K2 articles?

I haven't yet worked with K2, but hope to use it in a series of JMS enabled sites. I do have a need to have a category of articles from the master site shared to all of the slave sites.

If Article Sharing does not share K2 articles, can I create those articles as standard Joomla articles, or does Joomla only work with K2 items OR Joomla native items, but not both?
axntdsgn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Article Sharing and Menu Item with K2 support? 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
NO
Article sharing only works on standard joomla article, categories, section (j1.5)

With K2, you can just share the whole content and not partially like the specific extension that we developed for the standard joomla articles.

K2 is an extension that you add to Joomla.
So you can continue to use the standard joomla article menu in parallel to the usage of K2 items. This is 2 different things.

K2 like other limited number of extension can have its content shared.
See the list of extension currently defined in the JMS tool menu.
www.jms2win.com/en/list-of-extensions?vi...id=269&Itemid=53
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla