English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Same ext configuration req. vs. content/styles
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Same ext configuration req. vs. content/styles
Same ext configuration req. vs. content/styles 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Happy New Year!

I've been working on importing a second site into my JMS development test site and I have a question:

How would extensions such as JDonation with different forms, donation amounts, response email addresses and messages be configured if JMS requires them to have the "same configuration" settings?

This also applies to extensions such as RS Forms Pro with individual forms and admins; Store Locator, with different map designs and location databases, Qlue Cusom 404 with different tooltip formatting, and other extensions with proprietary content.

I know I can have different databases, but will that let me get around the "same configuration settings" requirement?

Please advise.

Thanks!
phmc
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Same ext configuration req. vs. content/styles 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
The place where the configuration of an extension is stored depend on the extension itself.
In most case under J2.5 (or higher), the settings are saved in the database inside the "#__extensions" table but this may differs for some extension that may use their own MySQL tables to store the setting or in a very rare case, save their settings in file on the disk.

Once you have identified where the extension save its configuration, the second element is to know if you have shared the content of the extension or not.
In general, when JMS propose the sharing of the content of an extension that has its own table, JMS propose to either share all (including the setting/configuration) or share excluding the setting/configuration.

When you share the content of an extension and that, when you change a configuration, it is also changed in the other site then this mean that you have the configuration that is shared.

If you need to have the same configuration, this is only possible when the configuration is written in a table of the extension and that the content of the extension is shared. Otherwise, the configuration is specific for each website.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla