English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Confused with setup
Confused with setup 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I just purcahsed your extension and am trying to set up. I already have the 2 websites setup and they are in use. I have installed the extension on Site 1 (the master). Now how do I add Site 2 (the slave)? I do not know what to choose in the template dropdown. Should i choose shareMasterMultisites? Then add DB info for slave site? This is all a little confusing. I am looking at documentation, but am still unsure what to do.

thanks
dig814
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Confused with setup 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Moving a standalone website as a slave site under JMS is a manual operation.
There is no JMS template to do that.

As you could read in the forum, you need to verify the version of each extension currently installed in each website to verify that they are installed in your master with exact the same version (because you will use the application (php code) of your master).

When you are sure that all the extension are installed in your master with the same version than the other website that you want to move the you can create a JMS slave site for your second site.
When done, you can use the DB connection of you second site to run under JMS.

You will also have to copy the specific images or media or other specific files into the new location.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla