English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected
JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
When I tried to Install the patches I got this error.

JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected
Unable to create destination
Error installing file "administrator/defines.php"

My tmp folder was outside the root and my log folder also.

I moved both tmp folder and log within my root path and modified my settings on configuration.php

I kept on having the same issue. I played with my php.in open_base_dir allowing those new folders specifically but the error was still present. I disabled php.ini completely and then I could workaround this problem.

I enabled php.ini again to pass over the subsequent Server error and it did the trick.

Which php.ini command could be causing that Infinite loop problem?

Once the patches are installed will I have some issues related to it?

Let's see.
davilafran
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
The "Infinite Loop detected" is a message generated by Joomla when it loop in the creation of a folder.
When a "complex" directory need to be created, (ie. dir1/dir2/dir3), theorically, there are 3 directories to create. It may happen that when you have a permission issue, Joomla can not create the dir1 and in this case retry several time to exceed the limit of 10 (or 20) I don't remember.

If you want to temporarly bypass the potential permission issue, try using the joomla FTP layer. In this case, you will use the FTP login for the permission of the files and folder. This should allow creating the folder.

When open_basedir is active on a website, this let me suppose that the owner of the files and folder is "apache" (or nobody) or something like that. In this case, it is possible that it does not has the permission to access or write into your directory. Without the FTP Layer, it may perhaps required to put a chmod 777 in the directory where you want to write.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla