English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Master to Master cloning
Master to Master cloning 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
Hello,

I have a specific need and bought JMS as I thought it would solve my problem.

Issue:

I have a site which has content, users and components. what i need is to have everything on the master site cloned to the other sites so they would appear to be the exact same site but with only one components data blank so it can be specific to that site.

What i cant seem to work out is how to do it, i have viewed the tutorials, forums and done a lot of trail and error, all i get is a second site which is exactly the same as the first, but when you change anything on one the other changes as well, e.g. the site name in the banner.

If anyone could point me in the right direction i would be most appreciated.

My website i which to clone is www.harlowbargains.co.uk

the Component i want the data separate on is Adsmanager.

Thank you for your time.

Brendan Mills

EAPS
eaps
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Master to Master cloning 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
First clone the website give you an exact copy of the website.

If when you have defined the new website, you have received a error (red message), this is normal that when you try to access the slave site, you are connected on your master.
When a website is not defined with success, this is the same as if you didn't defined it.
In fact, an internal "master index" is not created and therefore the slave site is not completely defined.

When you create a slave site that is a clone of an existing website, we recommand that you put a new "Site Title".
When you login in the back-end of the slave site, verify that you have the correct "Site title". In case of doubt, go in the "Global Configuration" and verify that you are connected on the expected DB and table prefix.
If not, review the definition of the slave site and fix any error that would be reported until you get a blue message that is a success.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Master to Master cloning 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
I think i have done what you asked, but when i try to login at stortfordbargains.co.uk/administrator i get the master site title and DB.

if i put in stortfordbargains.co.uk/multisites/Stortford/administrator i get the redirected to stortfordbargains.co.uk:7080/multisites/Stortford/administrator note the :7080 been added, and this is still the master site title and DB.

When i delete the :7080 from the address, im presented with the slave site title and DB put every word on the site has **word** next to it.

also the template on the front end isn't present.

i really need some help with this, if you would be willing i can give you temp access to my site to ensure I'm doing things correct.
eaps
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you have a specific port number required to make your website working, you need to add the port also in the definition of the slave site.
Otherwise, it will not match and the master website is displayed.

In JMS 1.3 beta 3 and earlier, we encountered a problem with the "language" definition.
This seems partially fixed in the beta 4 but still encounter one case under Joomla 1.5

So start updating the JMS 1.3 to get the beta4.
See the faq for the procedure.
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-122

See also the change history
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/change-history-13x
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/08/29 21:53 By edwin2win.

Re: Master to Master cloning 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
No i don't have a port number to access the site, JMS has caused this port number to appear.

I have the latest verion beta 4 of the JMS 1.3, and still getting all the issues above.

for a software that costs as much as it did, it should be more simple to create what i need.
eaps
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

JMS does NOT add any port.

If you have a port this probably mean that you have a plugin or something somewhere that add the port.

Check perhaps the "configuration.php" file and the "live_url".

If you are using a SEF application, perhaps that you have a rule that redirect to this port

Check also the .htaccess that could also be a place where a redirection could be setup.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla