English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Management of the sites (gestion des sites)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Management of the sites (gestion des sites)
Management of the sites (gestion des sites) 1 Year, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
English

Hello
I have many questions about this extension.
Here are those concerning the general management of the sites.
I will make another post for the management of data between the sites...

Explanations and video on the extension
Question 1:
All the explanations with videos seem to be done with old versions of Joomla and jmsmultisites... Are the installation and settings processes exactly the same with Joomla 4.2.8 and jmsmultisites 1.3.85 ?
Question 2:
I see a lot of explanations about installations (and that's fine), but what about temporary deletion (deactivation only) and complete deletion of a "slave" site? Whether it is the folders and in the database?

Other questions about backups
Website backups and restores are one of the most important points. I use for the moment the extension "Akeeba Backup". Several questions about these backups and restorations ...
Question 3.1
Can I continue to use "Akeeba Backup" without any reservation, so backup and restore everything without any loss of data as for a single site?
Question 3.2
Is it possible to backup only one site (the main one or a "slave")? If so how, with what software (manually? Akeeba Backup? Other extension?)
Question 3.3
After backing up, is it possible to recover ONLY one site (the main one or a "slave") without modifying the other sites? If so how, with what software (manually ? Akeeba Backup ? Other extension ?)

For more clarity in the answers, and as far as possible, indicate the number of the question in front of your answer...)
Thank you in advance
Jean-Marie

Français

Bonjour
Je me pose beaucoup de questions sur cette extension.
Voici celles concernant la gestion générale des sites.
Je ferai un autre post pour la gestion des données entre les sites...

Explications et vidéo sur l'extension
Question 1 :
L'ensemble des explications avec vidéos semblent être effectuées avec des anciennes versions de Joomla et de jmsmultisites... Les processus d'installation et de paramétrages sont-elles exactement les mêmes avec Joomla 4.2.8 et jmsmultisites 1.3.85 ?
Question 2 :
Je vois beaucoup d'explications sur les installations (et c'est très bien), mais qu'en est-il de la suppression temporaire (désactivation uniquement) et la suppression complète d'un site "esclave" ? Que ce soit les dossiers et dans la base de données ?

Autres questions sur les sauvegardes
Les sauvegardes et restaurations de site web sont un des points les plus importants. J'utilise pour l'instant l'extension "Akeeba Backup". Plusieurs questions concernant ces sauvegardes et restaurations...
Question 3.1
Puis-je continuer à utiliser "Akeeba Backup" sans aucune réserve, donc tout sauvegarder et tout restaurer sans aucune perte de données comme pour un mono-sites ?
Question 3.2
Est-t-il possible de sauvegarder uniquement un site (le principal ou un "esclave") ? Si oui comment, avec quel logiciel (manuellement ? Akeeba Backup ? Autre extension ?)
Question 3.3
Après avoir sauvegardé, Est-ce possible de récupérer UNIQUEMENT un seul site (le principal ou un "esclave") sans modifier les autres sites ? Si oui comment, avec quel logiciel (manuellement ? Akeeba Backup ? Autre extension ?)

Pour plus de clarté dans les réponses, et dans la mesure du possible, indiquez le numéro de la question en face votre réponse...)
Merci d'avance
Jean-Marie
jmgroud
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla