English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Which control panel for JMS, WHM/cPanel or Plesk?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Which control panel for JMS, WHM/cPanel or Plesk?
Which control panel for JMS, WHM/cPanel or Plesk? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

What hosting control panel system platform would you recommend if given the choice betweeen Parallels Plesk and WHM/cPanel?

The site I will be building this for will have about 30 slave sites, each with its own database. Each site will have it's own user's and separate articles, though we will want to share the extensions.

I already understand most of the repercussions of separate databases for each site. I want to know which hosting control panel system is easier to setup and manage JMS Multi Sites on?

Thanks,
Azurelink
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Which control panel for JMS, WHM/cPanel or Plesk? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Historically, we recommend using cPanel because we know that we don't have any issue with Symbolic Links and permissions.

Now, recent Plesk > 9.5 also works correctly with the Symbolic Link and you need to use the Subscription feature in Plesk to make it works. Otherwise, you will encounter linux permission errors.

In our website and forum, you will frequently find more info related to cPanel than Plesk or other server administration tool.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla