English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

JMS Deleted my entire public_html fold!!!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: JMS Deleted my entire public_html fold!!!!
JMS Deleted my entire public_html fold!!!! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
When trying to delete a slave site, the process was taking a long time to finish. It then just hung. When I waited for 5 mins, I finally hit refresh only to find an error of 404 file does not exist. I then logged into ftp to find that my entire public_html folder was GONE! DELETED!!!!!!

I paid you $100 for help 2 weeks ago. You would NOT let me talk and tell you what I already did. You spent 45 mins without letting me say anything until "you were done with your investigation" only to find something I was trying to tell you from the first minute! Your arrogance was costing me time and money.

You need to work on LISTENING to your customers, the people that pay you. But I repeatedly tried to tell you what I have been doing but you rudely interrupt me and then tell me NOT to talk.

I told you that your component completely deleted one of my databases is which you said, "it's not possible". So, you don't listen and you think your code can do NO wrong.

Well, now i'm here to tell you that your component deleted my ENTIRE public_html folder! I spent the entire day having to try to get anything I could back and rebuild sites.

I got proof from my hosting company that it was your component and the logs are below:
=======================================================

=================
71.145.135.171 - - [12/Sep/2011:12:28:08 -0500] "POST /administrator/index.php HTTP/1.1" 200 1317 "deployed.tangerinefiles.com/administrato...com_multisites" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Safari/534.50"

71.145.135.171 - - [12/Sep/2011:12:30:16 -0500] "GET /administrator/index.php HTTP/1.1" 404 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Safari/534.50"
=================

Based on these logs and the fact that no other logs reflect any activity that would have resulted in the removal of these files it appears that while you were working in the Joomla backend some part of the multisites component caused the files on the account to be removed. The multisites component does have file deletion capabilities in it so this is the most likely cause. To be sure I did check the FTP and cPanel logs:

These are the FTP logs for the time frame where the files were removed:

Sep 12 12:27:19 falcon pure-ftpd: (?@71.145.135.171) [INFO] tangeri is now logged in
Sep 12 12:30:49 falcon pure-ftpd: (tangeri@71.145.135.171) [INFO] Can't change directory to /public_html/deployed: No such file or directory

======================================================

I know you think you're the best programmer in the world but you need to fix this! Maybe some wire got crossed in the configuration files or something but something happened that broke and deleted the entire folder. By the way, most Americans say that French people are rude and I have never thought that. Even after going to Paris and all around France, I found the people very nice. However, the way you were when helping me, you are EXACTLY what they describe.
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JMS Deleted my entire public_html fold!!!! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
When you delete a slave site, JMS display a message where are specified the directory that will be deleted.
If you have a slave site that is deployed in the primary domain "/home/account/public_html" and that you ask to delete this directory, of course you delete everyhing including all the subdirectories.

When you install a master inside a subdirectory of your primary account and that later you ask to create a slave that correspond to your parent directory then you decide to delete the slave site you delete its directory with all its subdirectory.

In summary,
the master is in /home/account/public_html/master
and the slave in /home/account/public_html/

If you decide to delete the slave then you delete
/home/account/public_html
and you kill your system.

The warning message is normally there to let you review the thing before proceeding with the delete of a slave
If you had defined the master in a subdirectory of your primary account that seems to be your description, and that after
The case that you describe seems to be this one.
edwin2win
graph

Re: JMS Deleted my entire public_html fold!!!! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
So how do you setup using subdomains directories then?

Do you have to use [root] token? Is that the way to get around this? Seems like /home/account/public_html/siteA would delete the last folder of "siteA", NOT the entire /home... dir and all sub directories.

This seems like weird behavior to me. How else are you supposed to designate the placement of sites?
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: JMS Deleted my entire public_html fold!!!! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
See the recommended architecture in the tutorial video 0.b slide 21 to 24.

When working on cPanel, we recommend to use the following structure to always have specific directories for domain and subdomain. In addition, this architecture avoid that search engine like google discover a domain or a subdomain as a subdirectory of another domain.

Suppose that you have the cPanel account attached to "primarydomain.com"
primarydomain.com => /home/account/public_html

With the "AddOn" domain,
domain.com
=> /home/account/domains/domain.com/public_html

For a subdomain
sub1.domain.com
=> /home/account/domains/domain.com/subdomains/sub1/public_html

sub2.primarydomain.com
=> /home/account/subdomains/sub2/public_html

www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0b
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla