English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Impossbile to install Addons (Components, Tempate)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Impossbile to install Addons (Components, Tempate)
Impossbile to install Addons (Components, Tempate) 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
On my new created slaves I can't install any type of Addons. I will get always a blank page. The corresponding URL is test.social-link.ch/administrator/index....er&view=install.

I don't have any idea what could be the reason. Of course I did install the Components install in the first place an the master without any problems.

The problem is an all the slaves no matter how they are created (copyed from master or new installed).

It is on a new Joomla 1.7 installation.
LUH3417
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/08/25 08:32 By LUH3417.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Impossbile to install Addons (Components, Tempate) 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
If you have successfully installed the extension in the master and that you want to re-isntall it in a slave site, Joomla 1.6 and 1.7 provide a new functionality "discover" in the extensions / installation menu.

So try to click on the "discover" button to declare the extension in the slave site.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Impossbile to install Addons (Components, Tempate) 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I did check with the "discover" button to install extensions to the slave sites.
On the slave sites witch have been created newly with Joomla installation routine, I can see and install extensions from the master.
But if I try to uninstall an extension I will get a blank page as well and the extension remains installed.

On the sites that have been created with a template as a copy from the master there are no extensions visible to install. (I did install a few one new on the master).

Is the blank page a normal behavior on Joomla 1.7 when I try to install an extension on th slave with the normal upload procedure?
LUH3417
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/08/26 15:34 By LUH3417.

Re: Impossbile to install Addons (Components, Tempate) 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Blank page is generally the symptom of a PHP fatal error somewhere.
So you have to check your "error log" file to get more info.

This may be due to a problem of permission, problem of missing files, ....

No this is not normal.
If you want that we have a look on your server, this is also possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re: Impossbile to install Addons (Components, Tempate) 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I did install the version 1.2.64 in the meantime, but there is still the same error. The logs don't show any abnormal incidence (apache error.log). I think there is still something wrong with the patches. I will order a bit of the paid support.
LUH3417
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla