English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Cannot Edit Slave website
Cannot Edit Slave website 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin CHERONT,

Thanks for your suggestion on email, but still problem is not solved. Website name, database name username password prefix, is different from Master Website. Domain name correctly spelled.

Problem seems to be from htaccess file created by Akeeba Admin Tools

When I select option of "Modify htaccess and Rewrite according to new domain", I get 500 error. It get solved when I comment out "RewriteBase" as suggested by you in my last topic in this forum.

What I already tried:

Tried with most of the Combinations of settings of JMS Multisite
Tried to read about htacess from Internet and then tried with commenting out most of the parts of my htaccess, no luck
Tried to remove htaccess, but I think then it tries use/inherit my Master website's (parent directory) htaccess
[NEW]Just Now, I tried to rename .htaccess to .htaccess.txt but even than problem remained same that’s why I changed back to .access
[NEW]I also tried to view all configurations in /multisites/ and observed them but still nothing special I found.

I am stuck with all these, please please help me out.
suyogdixit
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/08/11 13:38 By suyogdixit.Reason: Two new updates
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot Edit Slave website 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
When you replicate a website, the htaccess is copied from the master.
So if you have a problem with the "rewritebase", perhaps you have to start fixing it in the master before you create the slave site.

You can also create a JMS Template rule that tell that the ".htaccess" should be ignored and not created for the slave site.

If you want that we have a look on your environment, this is still possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/08/14 09:24 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla