English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Getting 500 error on frontend backend
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Getting 500 error on frontend backend
Getting 500 error on frontend backend 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Sir,

I am getting 500 error after I opened and closed (website template configuration)

I don’t actually remember if something autofilled by my google chrome browser on its configuration.

But I reverted settings as much as I can.

I think I also edited "Owner" of website from "rhpg_admin" to "admin" then again to "rhpg_admin"

Also as configuration was unable to change hence I had also changed permissions of configuration.php to 644 from 444 but now again changed it to 444 but still it is giving 500 error. My all websites with all data in them are down. please help me as soon as possible.

thanks in advance
suyogdixit
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Getting 500 error on frontend backend 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
When you have an error 500, you should have a log somewhere.
It would give you more info on the reason of the error.

Amoung the possible reason there are :
- File and folders Permission;
- htaccess error;
- fatal error to access a file or folder

So try finding the "error" log file on your server or contact you hosting provider to ask him additional info on the error produced by the server
edwin2win
graph

Re:Getting 500 error on frontend backend 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I am suffering from very strange things.

First of I want you to let you know that I am also using Admin Tools with it .htaccess security

Second point is that when I restored .htaccess file of slave website (from backup taken about 5 days ago), which was not containing changes by admin tools to htaccess, slave website got started again working file

Now I am having three problems:
1. I cannot edit settings of already created slave websites. Whenever I click on "Save" button from editing websites, 500 error start coming on that slave website. And it goes when I overwrite htaccess from backup to slave folder, it starts working fine.

2. I cannot create a new slave website from Master website, 500 error comes. But when edit settings such that: Ignore .htaccess (Rather that doing Rewrite according to new domain) and I also ignored ".htaccess.admintools". It creates website but now again a two new problem:

(i) I cannot login to my backend, it redirects to Master website Admin backend login page. Even I tried to put a normal .htaccess
(ii) I cannot uninstall Admin Tools, Admin Exile or anything from "Tools" Menu of JMS. It says it has executed uninstall but actually no changes it actually made. We can see admin tools and admin exile again in that slave website.

3. I cannot update to latest patch. I even tried to click on uninstalling and again installing.
Joomla Multi Sites version: 1.2.59 (Latest available: 1.2.58)
Patches definition version: 1.2.64 (Latest available: 1.2.63)

I have read most of your forum threads but got no solution. Please help me. If you want I can also PM my master website login details.
suyogdixit
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Getting 500 error on frontend backend 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
So the error 500 might be due to an invalid htaccess statement that you would have written.

1) So check the ".htaccess" file that is present in your master and compare with the one that you have working fine.
This would help you indentifying the peace of code that you written in the ".htaccess" that make it working fine.

2) If the statement in your "htaccess" that is different is the "rewritebase", you can use a specific action in the template to ask compute the "rewritebase".
Perhaps this would help you.

If you are redirected on your master, this might be due to invalid domain name that you specified in the slave site definition. When a domain is not present, this is the master that is displayed.

If you have implemented a htaccess with redirection, this is normal that you are redirected to the otherwebsite.

I don't know what is your "Admin Tool" and "Admin exite".
If they are extension for joomla, please send us these extension in the attachement of an email.

3) I don't know what you did in your environement.
If you want that I connect on your environment and check your setup and configuration, this is also possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re:Getting 500 error on frontend backend 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for your help I am now out of 500 error by commenting out RewriteBase!

Now another big problem is in front of me. Snapshots are attached in zip file.

Please note that:

I already have globaljournals.us, slave website that I created about a month ago, it is working fine now also.

I have created a new slave website associationofresearch.org from master website globaljournals.org with the same configuration that I used to create globaljournals.us

(In both of them, I have "Unchecked" "Share whole website".

But the problem is that, even after following exactly same settings:

1. Website works well after some editing in htaccess (Removing RewriteBase) and 500 error gets solved

2. In the backend, which seems to be of associationofresearch.org(Slave Website) is actually of globaljournals.org (Master website), any change in that causes change in master website.

I am not using "Share whole website" then also I don’t know why this is happening.

suyogdixit
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Getting 500 error on frontend backend 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
I don't know where could be the difference that cause this result.

Perhaps you have another ".htaccess" in a higher directory that take the hand and change the behavior.

If you want that we have a look on your server, this is also possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla