English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: General Error
General Error 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello there.
1st of all thanks for the aim of the extension.

Here is my problem with any extension I use.

This is how things are being done, you can tell me if I did somethign wrong.

1. Master Site with it's own database , table prefix called "mastercms_"
2. JMS 1.2.50 with Patches definition Version 1.2.56
3. I created a template called "Cleanest" and it's configured with default values, expect for the "Media" folder which is set to "copy the folder or file"

4. With this templae I have setup my slaves sites.
5. I use another DB for all my slave sites.

In the Master Website I have the extensions installed, this extensions are installed in the slaves thru the "tools" menu under JMS Sites.

Every extension I install like this doesnt work. even if I install the extension thru the slave's extension manager it doesn't work

the solution that I have found so far is manually create the tables that the extension requires for it to work. seems is not detecting the table prefix or soemthing, so once i create the tables manually the extension start working.

If i am doing something wrong please correct the steps.

(Whenever i install an extension is not creating the Tables the extension requieres due the table prefix, that is the error I am having)

thank you.
axesnet
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: General Error 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Which error message do you have.
Can you give a screenshot.

Based on your definition of the slave site, I am wondering if the "deploy folder" is correct as you compute the subdomain that is similar to a "www" website (but perhaps this is goog). All depends the value that you setup in your cPanel for this subdomain.

Something that is not clear is to know if you were able to deployed the slave site in this directory and if you received the Joomla installer after that.

If this is the first time that you are using JMS Multisites, I suggest that you start following the video CP-04 that show how to create a slave site in a subdomain.
This will show you the different steps and the expected results for each one.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-CP-04
edwin2win
graph

Re: General Error 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
There is no deployment error, you can see the deoployed websites here
habitatprouno.axesnet.com/ or habitatprodos.axesnet.com/

The joomla installer goes fine, I tell the slaves sites to use the slaves database

And I get no error, the component installs sucesfully but nothing happens, i have to create the tables of the extensions manually.

Again, what is not working is:

When an extension is installed, it ONLY works in the Master Site, when it's shared, the extension wont work in the slave site, the only way to make this work is by creating the table tables manually in the Slave's database.

I dont know french, if possible, is there someone there who I can speak in english? apparently you are not understanding me well
we are planning to build a nice prouct with joomla + your extension.

Thanks anyway, i know this extension rocks.

A little bit more information:

We are using Rackspace Cloud for all our joomla websites.
we are using 2 databases. one for the master site adn a second one for all the "childs", "slaves"
THe deployment folder works fine. (I have checked before adding a website (its empty) and after adding the website (it's deployed with the joomla files).

*The installer shows no errors after creating the new website.

The problem is described lines up.

Thanks again.
I hope I can receive some help.
axesnet
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Which extension do you install in the slave site.
Is it an extension defined in the JMS tool or not ?
Do you have a red cross or a red point in the extension description ?
Did you checked if the extension is defined in the JMS Tool ?
See the list of extensions
www.jms2win.com/en/list-of-extensions?vi...id=269&Itemid=53

When an extension is not defined in the JMS Tool menu, you can always install it from the slave site back-end to let it popoulate the DB.

So verify that the extension is defined in the JMS Tool menu and that you have "table patterns" associated to this extension.
If it is not defined in the JMS Tool menu, try re-install the extension in the back-end slave site.
You can also send us the extension in the attachement of an email for review.
Our email is present in the "contact us"
www.jms2win.com/en/contact
edwin2win
graph

Re: General Error 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Which extension do you install in the slave site.
Phoca Gallery, mod_jt_slide, mod_sp_image_rotator_j16
Is it an extension defined in the JMS tool or not ?
Yes it is defined

Do you have a red cross or a red point in the extension description ?

Did you checked if the extension is defined in the JMS Tool ?
It is defined in JMS tools
See the list of extensions
www.jms2win.com/en/list-of-extensions?vi...id=269&Itemid=53

After this, I checked the Database and there was no Tables created, after Creating the tables manually the extension started working.

When an extension is not defined in the JMS Tool menu, you can always install it from the slave site back-end to let it popoulate the DB.

So verify that the extension is defined in the JMS Tool menu and that you have "table patterns" associated to this extension.
If it is not defined in the JMS Tool menu, try re-install the extension in the back-end slave site.
Tried and like I said, no effect, "Component sucesdully installed" but no tables created, again I had to create the tables manually

Have you tested the JMS sites extension in joomla 1.6? is it working 100% like it works in 1.5? if this is the case we must wait until your product it's fully supported in joomla 1.6

thanks.

And dont take me wrong, I know you are foing an amazing job with this extension, just that the errors persis and we can only come here for help.
axesnet
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

JMS is identical whatever the version of Joomla.
Only the sharing definition depends on the joomla version.

Based on what I see, in your screenshot, there are tables defined for the "phoca gallery" as you have the icon for a table (not just for a definition).

So I don't understand why you mentioned that you have to create the tables manually as you have the "table" icon displayed that show that the MySQL tables are defined.

If you want that I have a look on your server, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla