English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Cannot login to slave site after database restore
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Cannot login to slave site after database restore
Cannot login to slave site after database restore 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Last week we had a database crash in the master "_session" table en we were forced to restore the entire database. Since the restore we cannot login to the administrator back-end of the slave sites any more (which have shared users with the master). We can however still access the master back-end. I created a new slave site, but also to the back-end of this site I cannot login. Maybe you have an idea what happened and how we can fix this?

Details:
- Joomla 1.5.15
- JMS 1.2.26
- Patches definition Version 1.2.32

Thanks in advance,
Tom
ludder
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/04/12 10:01 By ludder.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot login to slave site after database restore 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Did you also restore PHP code (an not only the DB).

Do you shared the slave site with the master or other websites ?
Do you use a "www.xxxxx" website to manage the slave sites definitions.

Something that you could check with a "phpinfo" present in your slave site that you can not login is the parameter "cookie_domain".
If you have a value present in the cookie_domain, only this domain can login in your website.

In this case, you may have to verify the list of slave site definition and verify which website is sharing the other one.
Verify that all are using the same domain name.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Cannot login to slave site after database restore 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Yes, we also restored the PHP code.

We shared a lot of slave sites with one template and that template site is shared with the master. When I create a new slave site of the master, then I have no login issues. When I create a new slave site of the template, I cannot login.

I checked the cookie_domain parameter, but it has no value.

All my slave sites have the same URL structure:
www.my_domain.nl/multisites/site-id

Your input is valuable!

Thanks,
Tom
ludder
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/04/13 16:53 By ludder.

Re: Cannot login to slave site after database restore 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Can you login in your template websites ?
Which is the rule that you have defined to create a new website based on the template website ?

Without detailled information, it is difficult to tell you where is the problem.

If you want that I have a look on your server, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re: Cannot login to slave site after database restore 13 Years ago Karma: 0
I have the same problem. Can't login to master once there are template slaves. The problem is that the master administrator login URL brings up a slave administrator login page, and not always the same slave login page. The login works and takes you to the slave admin backend, but still shows the master site URL. Mapping problem in the software. Probably something with sessions or cookies since it's not always the same template slave that overrides the master login page.

Should be a standard bug report and not a custom support issue.
Any help?
Kitesurfah
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla