English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Language on Slave Site
Language on Slave Site 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I have a master site with 2 languages installed, German and French. German is the default language and French the second language. With the aid of the Joom!Fish Module, the user can select the desired language in the frontend.

Then I created with multisite a slave site with the master DB as Template.
For this slave site, I deactivated Joom!Fish, because I only need one language, french.
For this reason, I went in the admin interface of the created slave site and set french as the default language of the slave site.

But when I visit the slave site with my german Browser, the site is displayed in german, not in french, althoug french is the default language. I have in my index.php of the template an echo-statement which output the language code, and this language code is de-DE.

Can you please help me?

Many thanks!
joel.holzer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Language on Slave Site 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
I think that the language is manage by a Jomfish plugin that change the language value.
So check that you also have disabled all the jomfish plugin to avoid that it replace the language based on the browser language.

Perhaps you also have to take in account the "logged" user as the langage associated to a user can also affect the language code.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Language on Slave Site 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you for helping

I deactivated all Joom!Fish plugins and the Joom!Fish component on slave site and now it is working fine.
joel.holzer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla