English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Installation Error
Installation Error 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I just downloaded the com_multisite_V1.2.21 file. When I try to install I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /data/17/1/111/98/1600913/user/1725058/htdocs/joomla1/libraries/joomla/filesystem/archive/zip.php on line 304

Any ideas, please help!
curtis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Installation Error 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
JMS is an is big extension that makes more than 2Mb.
The error message appears because you have a timeout during the upload of the package.
If you have full control of you server, increase the timeout parameter in the "php.ini" file.

Otherwise, use unzip the package into a directory of your server and after use the "install from a directory" in joomla.
This will avoid you the timeout expired as the files are already uploaded and unzipped in a temporary directory.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Installation Error 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you. I finally got it to install, I had to use the Install From Directory method.

I am now having trouble installing the slave site. I am a newbie (in case you haven't already figured it out What I am trying to do is to have 2 sites share the same database but have totally different templates and act like separate sites, basic stuff right. I have both sites (really one site with 2 templates) up and running fine. I installed Multisite, started the setup and chose to install a Fresh Slave Site. When I did this it took me into the new Joomla config setup screens. When I got to the page asking for the database info I put in the info for the existing database and it is not working. Now I can't back out and can't get back to the Admin where I started setting things up. Maybe I am just not understanding how this works but I thought I am supposed to enter the database info for the current database, right?
curtis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Installation Error 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
I suggest that you start follow the tutorial to lean how JMS is working.
It shows how to create your first slave site into a subdirectory and later it shows how to share the users between website.
The sharing of extension require that you have MySQL user privileges.

So start to lean by creating a fresh slave site as shown in the tutorial. (ie. video 9, CP-03, CP04)
After that try replicate an existing website and for example see how to have specific image and templates folder (see video CP-05).

When you have understood how to do that in a subdirectory, you can try using the sharing.
See the video 16.
www.jms2win.com/tutorial
edwin2win
graph

To be a little more specific, I am following the User Manual. When going through the Install Fresh Slave Site process here is the error message that I am getting:

Access denied for user '7_02b8416_0'@'%' to database 'joomla1' SQL=CREATE DATABASE `joomla1` CHARACTER SET `utf8`

I can access this database through phpMyAdmin with the same user/pass info and when I check on the host site it's the same login info as well. Just didn't know what the error was.

If I need to take a step back and start over that's fine too I would just need to know how to get out of this install process and be able to access my Joomla administrator backend again. Are there certain files that I can delete to reset things? The installation folder?
curtis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I was able to reset the configuration file. I think my host has some access restrictions. I will try again from the beginning. Thanks for your help.
curtis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla