English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

uninstalled patches , and now site is down.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: uninstalled patches , and now site is down.
uninstalled patches , and now site is down. 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,
I need assistance with this ASAP.
I went to update JMS to the latest version. My first step was to uninstall the existing patches. Do this threw some cannot copy errors. After this I could no longer log into the admin site, it would redirect to the root site and not allow me to get in to the adminisrtrator site. So I went to the multisite backup folder to restore the files from the last backup.

Doing this, got me back into the administration site, but I can't apply the patches, because for some reason when ever I have the installation folder not renamed (as it has to be named installation inorder for patches to get applied.), the website (including the administration site) trys to redirect and blows up with a "the page isn't redirecting properly" error. Renaming the installation folder to _old, fixes this and lets me into the admin site, but then I can't apply the multi-site patches because the installation doesn't exit.

Any thoughts of how to fix this?
thanks
wcochrane
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:uninstalled patches , and now site is down. 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I solved the problem. I rolled the files back again, and then manually applied the changes to the patch to the installation folder. This fixed the problem and i was able to continue applying the rest of the patched files
wcochrane
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla