English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

About create slave site problem based on template
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: About create slave site problem based on template
About create slave site problem based on template 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello, I can crate slave site from back-end (Manage sites), but when I try to do it from Frond-End (Templates) I get error "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to database". I inserted to configuration.php real DB root password, but I have not gottent good result. Then I upgrade MySQL DB to 5.1.41 version, but so witout good result.
I have J1.15 and JMS 1.2.16. Do you have any ideas.

Br, Dmitry.
VDmitry
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: About create slave site problem based on template 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
"Unable to connect the database" means that you don't have correct information defined in the JMS template to describe the DB connection.

You have to check the "host, DB name, login and password".
When you don't have enough privileges, JMS also try to use the alternate "mutlisites.cfg.php" files as documented in the user manual.
It allows you to provide the MySQL root login and password.

If you have used keywords to compute some DB parameters, you have to check them.
If you want to create MySQL user or DB dynamically, you have to check that you have enough permission to do it (or this may explain why you have DB error).
edwin2win
graph

Re:About create slave site problem based on template 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello, I would like to have slave sites (cloned by template), separate from master by structure (prefer separate DB for backup), but common users base. I can make site from Front-End, based on template of master site with unic DB prefix, but in this case deleting component in slave site will delete the component in master site. When I try to make slave site in separate DB, I have DB connection problem.
As I understand, I have to set in template only new DB parameters, for example, new DB name, and other DB parameters will get from template site or ms config.
In this case I don’t understand where I need set DB user/password parameters additional.
Could you give me any recommendations for my task?

Br, Dmitry.
VDmitry
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:About create slave site problem based on template 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
First propose a service to create a slave site from the front-end based on a JMS template that define "user sharing" is not recommended as this reset the password of the user selected.

Second to create the slave site from the front-end you can start folllow the tutorial video 13.
Apply exactly the same value and keyword to help you understand how it works.

Third if you want to have specific DB for each slave site, you need to be able create such DB dynamically. In general, only a MySQL root login has the permission to do that.
So put the MySQL root login in the "multisites.cfg.php" file.
The DB that you want to replicate perhaps does not contain the MySQL root login and password that would allow using it to create additional DB.
See User Manual page 14 concerning the "multisites.cfg.php" configuration file.

Check with your MySQL DB administrator the MySQL user permissions.

If you want that we have a look directly on your environement, you can also order our billable support at.
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/01/19 20:30 By edwin2win.

Re:About create slave site problem based on template 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello, when I have tried make slave sate based on master site by template with create new DB I got new error: Warning: symlink() [function.symlink]: No such file or directory in /var/www/site/administrator/components/com_multisites/models/manage.php on line 1111
Database Error: Could not connect to database
Could you write, what is mean the error?
Before I upgraded PHP to 5.2.12, mysql to 5.1.41, jms to last version.

Br, Dmitry.
VDmitry
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:About create slave site problem based on template 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Normally with "symlink() [function.symlink" you should have an additional info that tells you which link can not be created.

That means that you can NOT create a symbolic link.
For example you have already create a physical directory and now you want to create a symbolic link.
OR you don't have permission to create the symbolic link in the directory where you want deploy the slave site.

The DB error mean that you are not able to connect - So check the DB host, name, login, password.
Perhaps you are trying create a DB dynamically and you don't have the permission
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla