English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

internal server error --solved--
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: internal server error --solved--
Re:problems again 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
JMS is not in charge of the hosting server setting.
I have already explained to you that you can not use redirection.
The first element is to configure your hosting server correctly.
We have provided a tutorial video 0 that explain the concept of a DNS and hosting server adminsitration.
JMS requires that you have some skill in the administration, DNS and hosting configuration.

It is very difficult to create a more user friendly interface that would be OK for plenty platform and environment. We know this is not easy but also difficult to keep also flexible for windows platform, unix platform, cPanel, and other adminsitration tools.

If you want that we setup you environment, this is possible.
If you find our price too expensive, you can also chose a hosting company like www.godaddy.com where we no there is no issue in terms of permissions.

www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:problems again 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
JMS is not in charge of the hosting server setting.

I totally understand that, nor is my provider in charge of JMS settings, leaving me in between and i am gonna figure it out somehow, i am convinced of the possible genial value of JMS, i've already promoted its functionality on the dutchjoomla.org forum.

I have already explained to you that you can not use redirection.

When i use redirection jms seems to work fine, the url passes googles "?glid=test" test. If i proceed without a .htacces redirect, like you propose i can get 1 slave site to work and creating another one causes trouble, the symbolic links seem not to work properly, or i have defined something not right. Uninstalling slave sites via the multisite manager wiped away my whole joomla installation, i thought that that was no fun, but i quickly recover from such. I am happy that i am in a development fase right now and occasional collateral damage is part of the process iguess....

The first element is to configure your hosting server correctly.
We have provided a tutorial video 0 that explain the concept of a DNS and hosting server adminsitration.

I think its set up is ok: all my registred domain names are pointing to the same root location, no redirects or .htacces files whatsoever.

JMS requires that you have some skill in the administration, DNS and hosting configuration.

It is very difficult to create a more user friendly interface that would be OK for plenty platform and environment. We know this is not easy but also difficult to keep also flexible for windows platform, unix platform, cPanel, and other adminsitration tools.

The basics of creating a fresh slave site seems not to be too difficult. I guess i had a bad day yesterday.

If you want that we setup you environment, this is possible.

maybe i will in the future, but for now i want to figure it all out, and i want to thank you again for your support in this forum!

If you find our price too expensive, you can also chose a hosting company like www.godaddy.com where we no there is no issue in terms of permissions.

i stick to my server, its: yourhosting.nl , maybe if you find the time you can look into that service provider and its specs i think they deliver a up to date, robust, flexible and fast service. I have no issue in terms of permissions, the issue now is: creating a deployment directory with symbolic links works fine for 1 slave, creating multiple slaves result in al slaves are identified as slave1. I guess i overlooked something.

by any chance: creating a fresh slavesite with a different deployment folder, when entering the url that points to that folder (in the jms management), should that end with /slave_id ??

If so i guess that could resolve everything.

greetings

Gaetan
boomhut
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you use all the website (master + slave sites) into the same directory, this mean that you can not use the symbolic links.
If you setup your hosting server to have specific directorty for each domain or subdomain then you have to deploy the slave site in this directory.

Based on your explaination, It seems that you have configured all the domain and subdomain in the same directory. In this case, the JMS deploy directory must be emptY.
edwin2win
graph

Based on your explaination, It seems that you have configured all the domain and subdomain in the same directory.

NO i am not: master is in a sub_dir of the root, i want to put the symbolic links directly in the root_dir (root_dir as deployment folder) is that a possible correct set up?

specific directory for each domain or subdomain

they all are mapped to one and the same root_dir, so i deploy from the root_dir : you say i have to, i said i want to...and i did try, based on the tooltiptext i have to specify the path of the deploymentfolder.

is that: {masterdomain_url} or {masterdomain_url}/root_dir or {masterdomain_url}/root_dir/slave_id or {slavedomain_url} or {slavedomain_url}/root_dir or {slavedomain_url}/root_dir/slave_id

??

the /root_dir/ part seems redundant to me, since each domain name points to the root_dir but maybe its neccesary because it has to be an absolute path, i don't know...
boomhut
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you deploy slave site in a specific directory, this directoy must be unique for the slave site.
OR you don't deploy the slave site into a speciifc directory and you share the master root directory.

You say that your master website in NOT is the root directory but in a subdirectory and that you want deploy the slave site in its parent (root) directory.
You also say that you have defined several slave site that you want to deploy in the same directory. This is not the concept of JMS.
Reveiw all the sample provided in the tutorial and review also the concept presented in the video 0.

Normally you install the master website in a root directory and not in a subdirectory.
You define the domain and subdomain in your hosting server with either the same directory than your master website directory or in speciifc directory for each domain or subdomain.
edwin2win
graph

Hi there:)

You also say that you have defined several slave site that you want to deploy in the same directory. This is not the concept of JMS.

This is what i needed to know, thank you.
boomhut
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla