English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

internal server error --solved--
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: internal server error --solved--
internal server error --solved-- 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there,

my server specs:

PHP versie: 5.2.9-0.dotdeb.1
Webserver: Apache/2

symbolic links are allowed

When i follow the procedure to instal a fresh slave site as you demonstrate in the tutorial, i get an internal server error when i try to acces the new url that should lead me to the joomla installer. i chmod'ed every folder and file possibly assiociated with the process into 777 that means: installation folder, multisites folder and everything in the multisites folder. the error persists...

could it be possible that .htaccess files cause the problems?
DNS: i have somekind of a tool to manage my domain names i can redirect them to any file or folder i want and it works instantly, but its not the dns manager, is it possible that that causes the error?

what should i do??

thnx in advance for the help

Gaetan
boomhut
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/12/08 23:27 By boomhut.Reason: solved
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:internal server error --solved-- 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Ow.. and when i use a url from my main domain and point to the folder it gives an 404 error. that would be: www.gaetan.nl/joomla/multisites/phoo

hmmm the error message just changed in: forbidden! 403, no index file or maybe no permission to read it.

(as mentioned earlier i changed permissions to 777)
boomhut
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/12/08 23:28 By boomhut.

Re:internal server error --solved-- 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Wohoo....

i am a newbie thats it..... somewhere i got the idea that i had to point the domain www.domain.com to www.domain.com/joomla/multisites/domain

but that caused my errors, i redirected to: www.domain.com/joomla and now everything works fine!

thnx
boomhut
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:internal server error 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
First you can not use "redirect" in your hosting server because this modify the URL.
You must either define an alias or create a domain (or subdomain) that can share the same directory than your master website (or the deploy directory)

In your post, you don't mention which video (number) that you have applied.
Did you use {site_url}/multisites/{site_id} that is a subdirectory and avoid to setup the hosting server or did you try setup a subdomain ?

If you have defined a subdomain, you can check that you have configured your hosting server correctly with the "hello world" procedure.
This will help you check that you can access the directory that you have specified in your hosting server (not in JMS).
Once you are able to access and execute the "hello world" in this directory then you can try deploy the slave site in this directory.
If you still have "internal server error", this is perhaps related to the owner of the files that is used (or they does not have execute permission or something like that that you can compare with the hello world working).

Your symptom seem to be related to a permission somewher.

If you want that we have a look on your server, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Hosting manager redirect versus DNS 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanx for your fast replys and extensive explanations, you must be a man of patience!

I installed using a fresh slave install, entered the domains in fulltext used no templates/rules using master db with different prefix, installation through the joomla installer.

I got everything working and i used a redirect for the url of the slave, it works as long as it points to the folder where joomla is configured: www.slave.com/joomlafolder

when i tried to login as admin with: www.slave.com/joomlafolder/administrator i got into the master admin....

i asked my service provider and he resolved it by adding a slash

so www.slave.com/joomlafolder/administrator/ gets me into the slave admin panel!

As this seems to work fine, are there more objectives against using a redirect versus altering DNS settings?

Gaetan
boomhut
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

error changing folder name 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
hmmm... new challenge: i tried to create another slave site today same procedure, creating a fresh slave just an id and the domains it resulted in an error message:

Fatal error: Class 'JConfig_' not found in /home/gaetan.nl/public_html/site/administrator/components/com_multisites/libraries/joomla/jms2winfactory.php on line 104

so i figured what did i change before this error happened...

well ichanged the folder name where my joomla installation resides, that caused the error. if i'd want to change the name of the folder what steps should i take?
boomhut
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/12/09 22:29 By boomhut.

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla