English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW
Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi I just create a slave 1, a template and then a slave1a as per the tutorial video (tutorial.jms2win.info/jms12x/usersharing/index.html)

but when i try to save the slave1a i got the mensage:

Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW templateTemplate_2_users AS SELECT * FROM `mercadoa_jo151`.`template_users`]. DB Error: CREATE VIEW command denied to user 'mercadoa_geral'@'localhost' for table 'templateTemplate_2_users' SQL=CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW templateTemplate_2_users AS SELECT * FROM `mercadoa_jo151`.`template_users`
Create User error [1132]: Query = [GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `mercadoa_jo151`.`template_users` TO `mercadoa_geral`@`66.7.214.228` IDENTIFIED BY 'mercado707012' WITH GRANT OPTION;], DB Message = [You must have privileges to update tables in the mysql database to be able to change passwords for others SQL=GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `mercadoa_jo151`.`template_users` TO `mercadoa_geral`@`66.7.214.228` IDENTIFIED BY 'mercado707012' WITH GRANT OPTION;]

What could be the problem or what I`m doing wrong?

Regards,
Liliam
liliam
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/08/05 15:38 By liliam.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Dear Liliam,

The reason is explain in the MySQL error message

command denied to user 'mercadoa_geral'@'localhost'

This mean that your MySQL user mercadoa_geral does not have the permission to share tables using CREATE VIEW.

On which hosting provider are you hosted ?
Do you use cPanel ?

The hosting companies that use cPanel may have a problem due to a bug in cPanel to does not set the ALL PRIVILEGES to the MySQL users that are created.
If you host your how server, you can grant the user permission with the PHPMyAdmin.

Depending on the hosting provider, you may contact their support to grant your MySQL to give the privileges.
For example if you are hosted at HostGator with shared server, you can send them a message to the support and they will grant you the user to allow sharing tables.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks a lot for you pronpt reply, yes my host use cpanel, and I had change the permision to ALL from cpanel, I had contact the host company to check it for me.

thanks!
liliam
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
The is a bug in priority 1 in cPanel that mention that.
We also have a hosting provider (hostgator) that use cPanel.
When we need to grant the user, we post a message to the support.

Here it is the bug in cPanel website
bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=4678
edwin2win
graph

Re:Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

My host provider had changed the DB user to have all/full privilagies from the DB not using CPanel I test and still got the same message error.

What else could be?

Thanks
Liliam
liliam
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

There is nothing else.

You can copy past the SQL statement and try manually.
The error is definitivelly a permission issue and you have to grant the MySQL user with correct privileges.
This probably means that your hosting provider has not correctly grant your user OR that you are using another MySQL user.
Your hosting provider not only have to grant your user but perhaps also define for which DB this user may be autorized.
I don't know how your hosting provider configure the MySQL users and their privileges.

ALL privileges with a cPanel interface will NOT work.
This grant of the user must either be performed with a native MySQL prompt or with PHPMyAdmin as root user.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/08/06 23:47 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla