English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

virtuemart different image path for each site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: virtuemart different image path for each site
virtuemart different image path for each site 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi.

I've set up multisite on my virtuemart store and have created 6 slave sites, all selling the same products but using different templates to advertise to various niche markets.
So far so good, however I do have one major problem holding me back.

If I point the subdomains to the root of the master site its fine but if i point them to the folders of the slave sites it messes up the site. The reason this is a problem is because I have different product images for each site.

Is there a way to set a different product image folder for each slave site?

If not is there a reason why the site only works when pointing to the root?
As far as I know my server can handle symbolic links so dunno what it could be...

Thanks
abemedia
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/12/04 15:56 By abemedia.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: virtuemart different image path for each site 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
The product images are stored by VirtueMart in the "/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image" directory.
As the "/components" directory is a Symbolic Link on the master, this mean that the VM shop images are shared.

Unfortunatelly, VM does not propose back-end configuration to modify this path.
Perhaps (never experimented) you could have a look in the /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.{site_id}.cfg.php and try modifying the IMAGEURL and IMAGEPATH to change the path.

Becarefull when you update this configuration manually. The modification will be lost each time you change the VM "configuration" from the back-end.
edwin2win
graph

Re: virtuemart different image path for each site 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi.

I've just checked Virtuemart, however there is no file virtuemart.{site_id}.cfg.php but just virtuemart.cfg.php. What do I need to do so Multisite creates a config file for each one?

Thanks.
abemedia
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: virtuemart different image path for each site 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Just go in VM configuration menu and save it.

It is created when you save the configuration in a slave site. When you never save any specific slave site VM configuration, you are using the master one.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla