English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: com-property modules
com-property modules 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin, Thanks for the wonderful component.

I recently installed com-property on a master and slave site with success however I note the modules are missing on the slave sites. Could you please take a look at the 4 modules (link below)

www.com-property.com/en/download.html?func=select&id=3

and see if they could be added to the JMS2win component so that the slave sites created can make use of the modules too.

Many thanks in anticipation of a speedy response

propertytips
propertytips
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: com-property modules 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
As you mentioned it, the modules are not yet defined.
In general, the plugin and the modules can be installed with the JMS tools whne the component itself (here com_property) is installed.

So I will try to review all these modules in a future release.
For the moment, I have a release in development for few weeks and I can not yet integrate that inside the next one. Perhaps you will have to wait few weeks.

I have a backlog of several extensions to include and I will do it when the next release of JMS will be published.

When an extension is not yet defined in JMS tools, you can also re-install it directly in the slave site like it was the case with JMS 1.0.x and JMS 1.1.x.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/02/01 13:19 By edwin2win.

Re: com-property modules 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your quick response. Much appreciated!

Could you please clarify another point for me Edwin.

I am trying to create a property portal where each of the slave websites can upload their own properties into the main portal. I am using the com-property for that!

An example Slave A and Slave B both have individual sites that I have created with the multisites component.

When properties are uploaded on either of the slave sites, I want it to show on the main website Master C as well.

I also want to make sure that Slave A cannot interfere with Slave's B properties.

Please advice on if this is possible with multisites and the best way to go about achieving it.

Kind regards,

propertytips
propertytips
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: com-property modules 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
If you share the property extension like any extension, I remember you that it shares all the records of the extension.

This mean that SiteA, SiteB and Master C will see the same records and can update any records.

It is not possible to select which website manage which records.
JMS does NOT change the extension table.
The concept of the extension sharing is to share the MySQL table and therefore all the records.

Therefore you either decide to keep the com_properties specific to each slave site or to share ALL its records.

Acheive this kind of objective require to modify this com_properties extension to make a "multisites com_properties".
If you want that we develop such extension, you can order our billable support that can also be used for specific development.
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
This probably require several days of support.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla