English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Add Site ID param within article/module /language
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Add Site ID param within article/module /language
Add Site ID param within article/module /language 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

When a user creates a new slave from the front-end and the slave already exists with the same site ID they see the following error message:

"Site ID already exists"

Can you please let me know how I can change this message to say:

"A website with {site-id} already exists. Click here to access www.mysite.com/{site-id}"

Also,

Is it possible to add the {site-id} keyword into an article or HTML module so that I can create a nicer error message page?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Add Site ID param within article/module /language 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Concerning the keyword {site_id}, it can be used in an article when you use the free "Multisite ID" plugin.

www.jms2win.com/en/component/docman/doc_...multisites-id-plugin

Concerning the error message, it is defined in a language file.
So edit the /language/en-GB/en-GB.com_multisites.ini

Search for SITE_ID_EXISTS

Becarefull that when you update JMS, this language file can be overwritten.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/04/05 11:48 By edwin2win.

Re: Add Site ID param within article/module /language 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thanks for letting me know about this free plugin.

Can you please confirm what variable I need to use in the language file to insert the site id? Is it the same variable used for the article? (I'm not sure if language files work differently to standard Joomla articles.)

Also, can you please confirm if this plugin is compatible with Joomla 2.5+ ?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Add Site ID param within article/module /language 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
You can effectivelly install this plugin on Joomla 2.5+

The keyword is configurable in the back-end of the plugin.
By default, this is {{site_id}}
edwin2win
graph

Re: Add Site ID param within article/module /language 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your responses.

Step 1: I've installed and enabled the plugin. I've left the default values and then I've created a module and inserted the text as follows:

Code:

<p>Site, {{site_id}} already exists. Please click here to register: <a target="_blank" href="http://www.mysite.com/{{site_id}}/register">http://www.mysite.com/{{site_id}}/register</a></p>

Step 2: I'm using the 'new site creation module' and I've redirected the user to a page that displays the module for site creation errors.

Step3: When an anonymous user creates a new site and the ID already exists they are supposed to be redirected to the page with the module containing the error message however this is what is displayed:

This is how it looks on the front-end:

Site, :master_db: already exists. Please click here to register: www.mysite.com/:master_db:/register

I'd like the {{site_id}} that already exists to appear as the value of what was entered into the new site creation module.

I've performed all the steps again with another variable: {{new_admin_email_right}}

However I get the same issue.

Please can you explain what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

The plugin returns your the Site ID of your current "runing" website and NOT the Site ID that your user entered in the "Multisite Create Site" module.

If you had the ":master_db:" value, this is because you are providing the "Multisites Create Site" module from your "master website" (:master_db:) that correspond to your "www.mysite.com"
In the plugin, you can setup the "master" URL to replace the {{site_id}} with with a specific value corresponding to the master.

This plugin return your current Site ID and not the Site ID of a website that you are creating.

What you seems describing is to have the possibility in the "Multi Sites" menu item (component) to compute a redirect URL using a kewords inside the URL.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla