English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Error writing configuration file
Error writing configuration file 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Hi Edwin,

First of all I have replied your email but it bounced back so I have sent it through your contact pages.

Secondly, I have a problem on a Child Slave I am getting this message: Error writing configuration file [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/multisites/xxxxx/configuration.php]

I have all the right permissions in the database for the user. I have tried to un-install the patches and install them again but the problem is still there. I can't see where it is going wrong.

All installations incl. PHP is latest version

I will today start to clone the site into 10 new child sites so I would like to know what the problem is.

Best regards,
FH45
FH45
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Error writing configuration file 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
If you have a problem on writting a file, you have to check the permission on the files and folder.
The permission are not the one that you specify in the DB.
This is the permission is the "unix or windows" permission.

Perhaps you can try modifying the permission for the "....multisites/xxx" directory.
This can be modified in the "mulltisites.cfg.php" files as documented in page 14 of the user manual. Change the chmod from 0755 to 0777.

Concerning the email that is returned, perhaps you are using a smtp sender using "dynamic ip" address. Our hosting provider only accept official sender using static IP address that can be identified.
So as you sa, you can use our contact form to send us a message or post a message here in the forum.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla