English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

multisite sharing - selected article from slave
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: multisite sharing - selected article from slave
multisite sharing - selected article from slave 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
hi there,

I would like to thank you for replying to messages quickly and helping us in understanding multisites better.

I've another requirement and need you assistance, if i've 5 slave sites (ex: slave1, slave2 .....slave5), if i want to share selected articles (say, 3 articles from site1 to site3, 2 articles from site 1 to site4) can i do that?

when i login to slave3 or slave4 can i restrict that these slaves should see only slave1 for article sharing?

my main concern is sharing specific articles from other slaves and restricting the articles view for one slave who wants to pull them from other slaves which are assigned to him.

hope you got my query. waiting for your reply.

regards
hassan
hassanali20
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:multisite sharing - selected article from slave 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Dear Hassan,

This is not currently possible to restrict the access to the articles.
Once you have the Article Sharing installed, you are able to access to ALL the articles.

This is a requirement that we probably add a future version of the "Article Sharing" (or at least of give a restriction of the website that can be access from the article sharing.

Share selected articles is only possible when you group them by section and categories but you can never forbid the access to a website.
edwin2win
graph

Re:multisite sharing - selected article from slave 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
please tell me if below is possible.

1. i have 3 slaves, namesly s1, s2, s3
2. i want s2 to share articles from s1
3. how do i as a master do this setup allowing s2 to share articles from s1 and show on s2 website.
4. does s2 need to create a menu item which will show the articles from s1? if so, while creating a menu item will he be able to select the site s1 and not s3, since i don't want s2 to get anything from s3

please reply.

best regards
hassan.
hassanali20
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:multisite sharing - selected article from slave 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Dear Hassan,

The article sharing is perform with the "Article sharing for JMS" extension.
See product detail www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...34&category_id=1

If you have this "article sharing" extension, you just have to install it in the s2 website to be able see the article from s1
When you will define the menu item in the s2 website, select the multi site article and there you will be able to select the site ID in addition of the article as you do with the standard Joomla.

When the article sharing is installed in a slave site, it is able to see ALL articles of all the website defined in JMS.
Today, there is no restriction "Article Sharing for JMS" concerning the website where it can collect the articles.
edwin2win
graph

Re:multisite sharing - selected article from slave 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
any idea when can we expect the article sharing component having restrictions for specific slave site accessing articles from the sites assigned to them. something like we control from Master site which slave will have access to which other slaves. I hope you are getting what i'm saying.
hassanali20
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

We have already tried imagine a method to filter the website autorized by the article sharing and the current idea is to add a functionality in the admin of the article sharing to give the possibility to create a black list of websites that can not publish the articles.

Perhaps we will imagine a solution that will give a central control from the master website but this seems to be more complex than simply allo an individual slave site decide for which slave site it autorize or refuse the access.

For the moment there is no method to restrict the list of site that are autorized or forbidden to display the article when creating a menu item. The list displayed concern all the websites defined in JMS.

You are not the first customer to request such functionality and we really think address this request in another "Article Sharing" version but we have not yet planed such development.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/08/12 14:43 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla