English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Manage sites, Templates ,Tools don't work
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Manage sites, Templates ,Tools don't work
Manage sites, Templates ,Tools don't work 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I have already configured (1 master- 2 slaves) using v.1.2.81 on one of the server.

However when I tried to move all three joomla zip to another server it stopped working for following reason.

------------------------------------------------------------

To understand what is going wrong I install completely fresh joomla 1.5 and then followed procedure to install multisite v1.2.81.

It got installed without any error.However,It doesn't open any of the following menu

Manage sites
Temaplate
Tools

I checked my error_log

which reports following errors

PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method JPath::clean() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/lsws/docroots/spl/html/Joomla_15/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 373

PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method JFile::exists() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/lsws/docroots/spl/html/Joomla_15/administrator/components/com_multisites/admin.multisites.php on line 87

PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method JFactory::getACL() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/lsws/docroots/spl/html/Joomla_15/administrator/components/com_multisites/admin.multisites.php on line 61

PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method JFactory::getUser() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/lsws/docroots/spl/html/Joomla_15/administrator/components/com_multisites/admin.multisites.php on line 67

PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method JRequest::getCmd() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/lsws/docroots/spl/html/Joomla_15/administrator/components/com_multisites/admin.multisites.php on line 68

PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method JRequest::getCmd() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/lsws/docroots/spl/html/Joomla_15/administrator/components/com_multisites/admin.multisites.php on line 85

PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method JFile::exists() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/lsws/docroots/spl/html/Joomla_15/administrator/components/com_multisites/admin.multisites.php on line 87

----------------------------------------------------------

Are these errors causing problem for the correct execution ??

Please help as soon as possible.

Thank you,
darshan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/07/24 08:31 By darshan.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Manage sites, Templates ,Tools don't work 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
PHP Strict is a warnig (notice) message that is NOT a fatal error.

The PHP Strict message can be disabled into your PHP.ini file.

The only case that could cause a problem with these error is when they are displayed upon screen. Otherwise, this is not a problem.

As you can noticed, Joomla has still have PHP strict message as well as JMS.

You say stopped working for following reason but you didn't provided any description of the problem.
What is not working ?
You say it does not open the following menu.
Do you have a blank page ?
Do all menu have issues or just the 3 mentioned ?
Doe the settings menu working, about, layout, ...

The error log provided with "PHP strinct" is not the reason.

If you have a blank screen, you have to search for a FATAL PHP ERROR.

You mentioned that you move 3 joomla.
If you used JMS, theorically, you should have only 1 joomla.
Did you use the procedure described in the FAQ for the manual backup/retore ?
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-268
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/07/24 09:12 By edwin2win.

Re: Manage sites, Templates ,Tools don't work 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

1)

Please Note :Following is completely new joomla with JMS installation.

I have disabled php strict error reporting already.but I thought it is still causing a problem to JMS.

When I checked error log I did not find fatal error for JMS or for any other.

All other menus are working well except Manage Sites,Templates,Tools

Whenever I click on any of these three menus it shows a blank page.

---------------------------------------------
2)

I did above thing for testing purpose when my master and slave configuration did not work on new server.

As you said I have created 2 slave website using master installation and with symbolic links.

Master website is working well for both front and backend.However,other two slave websites show only their home page and other article pages have broken links.Also these two slave websites doesn't allow to login on backend when database is connected properly to start joomla admin.

---------------------------------------------

3)

I tried to follow you backup and restore procedure.Did most of the things as mentioned.

However,I did not find any more instruction what to do after deleting index.php and index2.php from all slaves.

Hope above information will help you to understand the problem.

Thank you.
darshan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Manage sites, Templates ,Tools don't work 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
1) Concerning the blank page, if you don't find any "fatal error", the only way is that you debug your joomla to add debug traces to search where you have the fatal error.

You probably have a file (or a directory) that can not be accessed.

2) If you access correctly the master with all the menus then were is the problem.
I remember you that theorically JMS should not be installed in any slave site.
There is an exception when a slave site must be able to create slave sites from the front-end.

Therefore, if you are trying to use JMS from the back-end of a slave site and that you get "blank" screen, this seems confirm that you have a permission error to access the files and folders.
I suspect that your server does not follow the symbolic links.
See with the administrator of your server.

3) You just have to Open and Resave the slave site defintiion to rebuild all the symbolic links and index files (as you have removed them).

JMS never update something that already exists.
So if you didn't removed the links manually, they are not updated. This is the reason why the restore procedure describe to do it manually.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla